Improving the EQ and filter

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Improving the EQ and filter

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zistan Zistan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The PEQ screen could get some improvements:

• dedicadet switches for Shelf, Bell or Cut Modes
    • on/off switches for the filters
    • LPF default value should be 20kHz not 2
    • 6dB HPF and LPF
    • Q for the shelf

at last I would love to see some EQ emulations (Pultec, 1073, 1084, SSL, ISA EQ)

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

good ideas!
    the one with the dedicated switches for the filters seems somehow familiar to me…. 😉

but of course, we need improvements to make the dLive stand out from the SQ again a bit. e. g. a selection of filter modes for the HiCut (Linkw. Riley, Butterworth, Bessel)
    I would like to point out my wish to get a good speaker correction for outputs, preferably as a deep processing object.

SteffenR
    Participant

it’s a reminder… 😉

the speaker correction is still in my mind, but I’m not shure if I want this on the desk
    on the other hand, i do it very often with seperating zones with matrices and control the system with different matrix feeds

Wolfgang
    Participant

I do a lot of jobs with my console, where I do monitor mixes from the FOH.
    here I also often use my own monitors, and the equalization is stored as preset for PEQ and GEQ. that’s fine, but for example the locut is not well adjustable. moreover, I lose a few faster filter options for different halls, because I have already used the PEQ filters for the speaker system equalization. you can’t do everything with the GEQ.
    for this purpose I would like to see a solution in deep processing.

SteffenR
    Participant

OK, understand, I habve to think about it

Wolfgang
    Participant

I knew you would understand me 😉

SteffenR
    Participant

Smaart and FIR Filter as DEEP processing? Would free up the PEQ/GEQ

Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Howdy

-LPF default value should be 20kHz not 2
    I second that.

And a 8 filter EQ in the effect rack would be cool.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I also vote for all that improvements.

Profile photo of alex.abel
    alex.abel
    Participant

+1 for all your suggestions.

An 8 filter EQ as DEEP processing would be great. Then you would not have to use an effect rack for this and could possibly add more of these EQs.

Also configurable HPF in the busses would be great. At the moment you always lose one EQ band and cannot select the slope of the HPF.

Profile photo of avenueservices
    avenueservices
    Participant

I’m pretty sure its been asked elsewhere, but just a visual tweak on the PEQ page to show an RTA on that EQ as an overlay to the EQ.

SteffenR
    Participant

I’m pretty sure its been asked elsewhere, but just a visual tweak on the PEQ page to show an RTA on that EQ as an overlay to the EQ.

yes indeed we asked this already

SteffenR
    Participant

@alexanderwabel
    DEEP processing EQ would be a good thing, then it’s possible to provide different characters or flavors of EQ
    and one of these could be a special PA tuning EQ for output processing and problem solving

something like this https://www.siraudiotools.com/StandardEQ.php

I like this one very much and uupps it has a RTA

Profile photo of erniep-23
    erniep-23
    Participant

This is a professional console. Why would you want or need your console to do what a separate processor or amplifier is designed to do? I agree with “character” EQ but FIR and crossover design should travel in an amplifier or processor dedicated to that task.
    I don’t want useful console R&D wasted doing something that is solved by loudspeaker manufacturers.

SteffenR
    Participant

@erniep-23
    if it’s possible why not?
    but it was just an idea, with “?” at the end

in the iLive we had a tool pointing in this direction already

btw wich loudspeaker manufacturer solved this for all others? They all provide solutions for their own range of speakers
    and sometimes it’s good to have a tool to improve total system performance without the access to the manufacturers solutions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.