iLive Tweak and iOS11

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions iLive Tweak and iOS11

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of macprint macprint 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Please note that there is no plan to update the iLive Tweak app for 64bit compatibility. Therefore iLive Tweak will not be supported on iOS11.

You can continue to use iLive Tweak on iOS10.

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

Will the other iLive apps be updated for compatibility with iOS11?

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Jb, with the iLive now being at EOL, I would not expect any further development/updates of anything related to it, so I would think that the answer to your question would be no.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We have recently updated iLive MixPad and iLive OneMix for 64bit compatibility, but haven’t fully tested these apps as priority is being given to other product ranges. If anyone has updated to iOS11 and is experiencing issues, please let us know.

Underscore
    Participant

So Nicola, is there any chance then for Dual Rack support with the Mixpad app?

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hey Underscore:
    If Dual-Rack mode doesn’t work with the Mixpad app, it might work with a Virtual Desktop program. If you can see both racks Editor, you could control the PC with VNC . I use VNC (controlling Editor) instead of Mixpad, as Editor can control every function of the iLive system. Also, whenever I run an ACE split system (Mains/Monitors) Editor can control both mixracks, so I have control of the Monitor board from FOH.

-Mark

Underscore
    Participant

I know that technically that idea of remote pc control would work, but on the reality side of the equation is the screen resolution to physical screen size of the i-pad or even an widows tablet isn’t friendly with the editor program. I have a 15″ screen on my laptop and it is as small as I would want to work with(for using editor) even with a mouse.

We borrowed an ipad(not a mini) to try the mixpad app to see if it would work, before we purchased one…. and like I suspected, it didn’t support the 2nd rack in a master/slave dual rack format. The app is good, the “layout to screen size” works when adjusting settings, just missing the ability to see the channels from the 2nd rack. Just like Editor not able to emulate the 2nd rack when using “off-line” mode.
    Up until 2 years ago it would have been fine, but we were presented with an opportunity to expanded our system and design it the way it should have been done initially, now we are trying to work around these limitations.

We have tried a windows tablet with editor and we just couldn’t find a screen resolution that would allow us to see what we wanted to see and have decent touch screen control. Too much information and not enough screen to be useful as a touch interface, even with a fine tip stylus it didn’t work well. We experimented with different resolutions and by the time we found one that would work decent we were constantly moving the screen up/down and side/side to get were we wanted to go(we are using a T112 surface).
    Thinking as I type this… one thing we didn’t try with editor, was custom strip layout with only the active channels. We were trying to work with the existing surface strip layout. That may be something we try, though I still have my reservations with the resolution. Even a custom strip will still have the same vertical limitations of the mirrored surface strips.

Sorry to ramble on… I guess I find it hard to believe that master/slave setups are that uncommon to not have support for them.

Scott.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

If the app is not going to be updated.
    Would you consider releasing the source code as open source so that someone else might be able to pick it up and port it.

Profile photo of Tore
    Tore
    Participant

Does anyone know the status on ios 11 and the iLive mixpad? Is it now safe to upgrade ipad to ios 11?

Tore

Profile photo of macprint
    macprint
    Participant

I would be very interested in the answer to that.
    Would you release the code for iLive mixrack so those of us who cannot afford to upgrade at this time could at least give someone a chance to support our A&H legacy equipment.

Profile photo of macprint
    macprint
    Participant

Oops, release the code for iLive mixpad, not mixrack. My bad.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.