Ilive routing screen

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Ilive routing screen

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Hi guys. I’m trying to get to grips wit iLive editor before I go out and by one, all is going well except I can’t find the routing screen! The help section from within editor itself says to use the “surface ROUTING screen” but I can’t find it anywhere!

Help!?

Thanks

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Andy:

It depends on what you’re trying to route. There’s a few tabs missing from iLive Editor that are buttons on the board (like the Routing, Mixrack and Surface buttons) but everything can still be accomplished from Editor.

For routing Inputs to Channels, go to Setup/Mixer Preferences/Quick Input Source Setup. Incidentally, I route my Inputs from bottom left to top right on my IDR48 (ch. 1 is F1, ch 48 is A8). The reason for this is as you plug more XLR’s in, you can still see the unused Inputs without cables hanging down to cover them.

For routing Mixes to Outputs, go to Settings/IO Patch/iLive Mixrack. By clicking on a single or group of Outputs, you can assign which mix goes to them.

Aux’s can be set Pre or Post by right-clicking on the Aux and selecting All Pre or All Post. this can also be viewed at the top of the channels when the Aux’s Mix button is pushed.

Once you get your hands on a iLive, they’ll be no looking back.

-thanks, Mark

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Hi Mark, thank you that’s very helpful.

I was thinking more about aux busses and using them for wedges and IEMs.

They both need to be pre fade which I can set easily, but, how do I set where the signal is taken from?

I.E. Post preamp/post eq/post comp… Etc.

Thanks again.

Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Andy:

Push the Mix button on the top-left of the Editor screen, then put the cursor on the Mix you want to select, right-click and select Routing/Aux Send Source, and there it is.

-Mark

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Thanks bud! Really appreciate the help. I have to say, it’s not the most intuitive piece of software to use. GLD is a bit better.

Thanks again.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

So Mark, not to hi-jack here, but,,, Re the iLive editor, I know that with the ‘super strip’ view for channels you can see and adjust the direct out level by rotating the blue dial with your mouse, but is there anywhere that you can see the value of this adjustment?

Mark Oakley
    Participant

Hi Sparky:

I think you would need a Surface to see the actual value. If you were working without a Surface and direct recording, you could turn down the Direct Out send if it was clipping the recorder, but you wouldn’t be able to see the actual value. Of course, turning down the Preamp would accomplish the same thing.

-thanks, Mark

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Thanks Mark. That’s kind of what I wondered.
    Occasionally we have to turn up some of the direct out levels for our Aviom system(via MMO) feed. It’s not an issue when we are at the surface, but sometimes I would want to setup a show in editor and was thinking I could dial them up in advance. I know that the settings are saved in the EQ user library when saved, so long as it doesn’t get copied over………..which can and does happen.
    Not a big deal, just a small quirk keep an eye on and get used to.

Scott.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.