iLive Editor V1.95 Losing connection

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iLive Editor V1.95 Losing connection

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

I installed the new Editor on Mavericks 10.9.5 to test it before going to Yosemite or Capitan and although it works great, it keeps losing its connection whenever it is put in the background. If it is left as the foreground application it does not lose the connection though. Is anyone else having the same problem? Maybe it’s just with Mavericks or the java version I have installed? I switched back to using the v1.94 Editor and that is still working fine.

Here are my system specs and the errors shown:

Errors:
    Lost Comms to Unit SERVERSIDE
    192.168.1.10 Disconnected (AHNet)

System Config:
    MacBook Pro 13″
    Mavericks version 10.9.5
    java version “1.6.0_65”
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

Same here on my Mountain Lion mac but it seems ok on the Yosemite one…

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Thanks RayS. Good to know. I believe the problem has been replicated by A&H support as well, so let’s hope it’s an easy fix.

We have indeed replicated this and it appears to be a bug.

Until we have a fix we would suggest not running any other applications in the foreground whilst running iLive Editor 1.95.

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

As a follow up and just to be clear, is the v1.95 Editor losing it’s connection when in the background if using El Capitan or Yosemite, or was it just on older OSX System Software, like Mavericks etc?

Also, are there any issues with connecting the Editor to a Surface or MixRack with El Capitan? I installed El Capitan on an External Bootable drive with a Clone of my main Hard Drive to check things were working prior to doing the upgrade on my Laptop but I could not get the Editor to connect or even see the Surface whilst my laptop was booted from the Cloned El Capitan drive.

All the best Milky

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

As an update, on Yosemite 10.10.5, sometimes connection is lost but it depends on the application in the foreground, with Reaper,Fidelia, Smaart and some others in the foreground there is no problem, Editor 1.95 stays connected, but with Qlab or Spectrafoo the editor looses connection……

hope this helps

RayS

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Thank you Ray, that’s good to know and interesting too.

On Mavericks, I was losing the Editor connection with Smaart 7, FileMaker Pro, MidiPipe and Meyer Compass running. I also had the A&H Midi Driver app running as I use Midi via TCP/IP to send Program changes to FileMaker via MidiPipe. Maybe your info and mine will help A&H support to fix the issue speedily? Let’s hope so eh.

All the best Milky

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

any updates here? I also have this issue, and use editor, Qlab and Reaper all the time on the same machine, editor dying in the background is painful when you need to make quick changes.

Thanks!

Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Any update for this bug?

It’s all very well discontinuing the iLive but the last software release for it needs to at least function correctly!

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Funnily enough, I was just wondering about this myself. Any news on this bug fix gents?

Profile photo of richardcooper22
    richardcooper22
    Participant

Just tried something that seems to work here on El Capitan….

Go to the iLive editor in your applications folder. Right click and choose “Get Info”, the check the “Prevent App Nap” box. Not had the error since doing this.

Hope this helps someone!

Profile photo of Milky
    Milky
    Participant

Thank you Richard. Unfortunately, I’m not sure when I’ll get a chance to try this on a system myself, but glad you’ve got it working. It would be great to have confirmation from some others that it is working for them as well. Ladies and Gentlemen?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

Wow Richard, this also seems to work in yosemite…..:)

Big Thx

Ray

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.