iLive Editor Randomly Disconnects from Mix-Rack

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iLive Editor Randomly Disconnects from Mix-Rack

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Allen & Heath Product Support Allen & Heath Product Support 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mrmkiii
    mrmkiii
    Participant

Running iLive Editor on two different Windows laptops for two different iLive-80S systems (FOH and recording) because screens are out/white/gray on both surfaces, one wireless and one wired, but the Editor signal often disconnects from the mix-racks during worship, during use. We normally receive the simple reconnect/retry screen, but sometimes receive a long series of error messages like the attached pictures. How do we stop this from happening? Does Editor have a time-out, sleep-like setting?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Just a thought, 2 surfaces, multiple mix racks, and 2 sessions of editor running make me think there might be too much traffic.
    Have you confirmed you have no IP conflicts with the laptops.
    Have you by chance tried just 1 editor session.
    See my previous post about using you laptop as just a “remote” screen for the corresponding surface. Might help reduce the traffic on the ACE line.

Profile photo of mrmkiii
    mrmkiii
    Participant

Underscore, Please say more. Not sure I understand. Do you understand the my 2 system set-up? And each laptop/Editor is connected to each of the different mix-racks? One laptop is connected wirelessly to a dedicated intranet router that is solely connected to our main FOH iDR10, the other wired directly to the secondary recording iDR0. To run FOH and record at the same time, and without the use of the surface screens temporarily, we have to operate both at the same time.
    This really seems to be an idle, sleep setting on the software. When we leave it sitting for a while, it disconnects.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Underscore
    Participant

Have you looked into the sleep/hibernate settings in the laptop “wake on lan” settings, etc….
    I’m not aware of any sleep/traffic settings in the editor software, they will only be in the laptop-either power management control, or in the network interface control, but not in the editor software.

On your ‘wired’ laptop, do you have the wifi turned off. I know that when I plug into our wired ace network, I make sure that my wifi is turned off to avoid connection conflicts with the wireless link.

Re your system setup, don’t have a complete mental picture, but it sounds like you are running a dual rack setup with 2 surfaces.
    With a idr10 and a idr0, are you getting a digital split of inputs from somewhere else? How many channels are you dealing with.

Underscore
    Participant

Another thought just came to my mind while typing in your other post…. with your laptops, are you using DHCP or fixed IP’s.

If you are not, I would strongly recommend using fixed IP’s. this would avoid any ip release/renewal timer conflicts.

Profile photo of mrmkiii
    mrmkiii
    Participant

Thanks, Underscore,
    1. I am very certain that I have changed the sleep timers on both laptops and this is not the issue. Based on using the laptop for different tasks, the mix-rack disconnection issue clearly seems to happen when the Editor is idle not when the laptop is idle
    2. Please say more about the “network interface control”. Could this be the issue?
    3. The wired is a good ol’ WXP. The WiFi does not work when the laptop is on the wired connection.
    4. Please say more about, “are you getting a digital split of inputs from somewhere else?” If I understand your question, between surface and rack, I have a total of 64 inputs and 16 outputs.

Underscore
    Participant

Is this something new, or has this been happening for a while.
    Are both laptops doing this, or just the wireless one.

Are the surfaces still connected and turned on when this is happening.(if you have input and outputs connected to it I’d probably say yes)

Have you tried to re-instal the editor software(thinking a bad install)

The ‘network interface control’ is basically the network card/networking settings(config) in the laptop. See you have the Ipv6 turned on or off. I have mine turned off, and have not had any issues with mine staying connected.

Have you tried the laptop with just the screen emulator program, and not full editor program. The advantage here is that the laptop will strictly talk to the surface, not the mix rack. Also when the laptop connects to the surface for screen information the surface will disconnect from the internal screen and not try to communicate to it. This could be part of your problem as well if the surface’s are trying to communicate with a dis-functional internal screen, causing excess network traffic.

As a test, can you try with only the laptops with editor to the mixracks only and have the surfaces turned off.

re your #4 question. My misunderstanding of your setup. I’m still not used to the modular system components identification, I’m on two fixed format racks and 1 surface.
    We run a wired laptop with editor in our overflow room for controlling the aux mix feeding that room, it can sit for hours untouched and not loose connection.

Profile photo of mrmkiii
    mrmkiii
    Participant

Underscore, It has happened on both laptops, but more often and seemingly increasingly on the newer wireless to router, FOH laptop.
    Yes, the surfaces are still on.
    A bad Editor install? Possible, but does not seem likely with both laptops.
    You bring up good questions.

@mrmkiii

Please can you send in an email to support@allen-heath.com with the details of your system so we can look into this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.