iDR-16 puts itself in slave mode!

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting iDR-16 puts itself in slave mode!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of benmannell benmannell 7 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benmannell
    benmannell
    Participant

Ok I have an iDR-16 which is definitely putting itself into slave mode. It’s done it twice now. Once last year, when it was running standalone (no surface or editor, just sitting there passing audio). Turned it off over night, next day switched it on and no audio would pass. Had trouble connecting to it with editor, could still ping it but connection with a surface or editor would fail. Eventually figured out it was in slave mode. Put it back to Master and all good.

It’s just done it for a second time, this time while connected to a T112. Has been working fine with this surface for months, then one day, turn it on, T112 can’t connect to it. I couldn’t even ping it this time, so no idea what happened to its address. The network reset button didn’t seem to work at all. The solution was to connect it to a router giving out DHCP addresses, and then finally editor could connect to it enough for me to discover it was in slave mode again and switch it back to master. Seems to be running fine now.

Has anyone ever had similar symptoms, or have any idea what may be causing this? I never use slave mode, so it’s not just me being dumb!

Thanks,
    Ben

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Something else in the same network?

Profile photo of benmannell
    benmannell
    Participant

Just noticed it’s changed its IP address to 192.168.1.20.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.