how to route L R to mix4

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions how to route L R to mix4

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lesouvage
    lesouvage
    Participant

I do the sound for a blues band tonight (Kings night in the Netherlands) and the owner of the venue asked me to set up a speaker at the second floor so, with the window open, people outside can hear that there is a band playing. It would be nice to have the front of house sound on this speaker so I don’t have a special “upstairs mix” on mix4.

Is it possible to route only both L and R to mix4 and have the FOH sound on the upstairs speaker or is there another solution directly on the table or with QU-pad. I read the manual but I can’t figure out how to do this. I seem to miss something if it comes to routing. Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of mr. y-mun
    mr. y-mun
    Participant

You can go with patch cables form alt out to st1 or st2 inputs. These you can integrate into your mix 4 then.

Not the perfect solution as it means external patching. Anyway it should work.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Just use the Alt out set for LR.

Otherwise. Set all Mix 4 faders to 0 and post fader. Then Mix 4 will just follow your main mix.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Which desk? On Qu24/32 you have matrix outputs for exactly that case. But if that additional feed should be an exact LR duplicate, using AltOut would work as splitter cables do…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Note that alt out are balanced, you just need a jack to XLR cable or a jack input upstairs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.