How do you pack and transport several Me-1s?

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions How do you pack and transport several Me-1s?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-S John-S 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I just purchased my first Me-1. I’m thinking of purchasing more. The individual musicians would have these close-by for musician editing during the rehearsal or gig.

If I buy more, I’ll also get a POE switch. I’m looking for clever ways to pack and transport several Me-1s and POE switch and associated CAT5 cables? How can this be done where the units don’t bang against each other? In an ideal world, I would like pack the units with the CAT5 cables remaining plugged-in, AND the footprint of the “case” remaining smallesh. This might put too much strain on the CAT5 cables.

The idea of unplugging everything after every use goes against my current vision of reduced setup time?

What is your experience?

Barry

Profile photo of Arpit
    Arpit
    Participant

nice thoughts.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Lots of choices but I think I would find an SKB or Gator case and get some individual pieces of 1″ foam cut to fit. Just have slots or pockets to fit each with Cable rolled up assuming not too long. Maybe 3-4 per case. I have a friend who does this with flat LED stage lights. I think 4 per case. Could do also with plastic storage bins a lot cheaper. Just depends on how pro or fancy looking you want it.

Profile photo of Mac
    Mac
    Participant

we went to Mycasebuilder.com and had some custom foam cut for a 1650 pelican. They turned out good.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Liquid
    Liquid
    Participant

I got a couple of these made up at the Flightcase Warehouse. Heavy but nice and compact. The large compartment can take an Aviom analogue module or the ME-U or indeed loads of cables.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Mac, I have six ME-1s and the same pelican case. How much did you pay for the foam? Thank you, John

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

BarryIAm,

I would advise against packing your ME-1s (or anything else) with the cords still attached. You will damage the connectors in short order. Spend the short amount of time taking them off.

John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.