How can I Monitor Stereo inputs in mixes?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions How can I Monitor Stereo inputs in mixes?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Good2Go
    Good2Go
    Participant

I am relatively new to the QU16. I basically ran out of inputs and want to add a synthesizer for a gig this weekend. When I input the synth into one of the stereo ins I can hear it in the Mains but nothing comes out the monitor mixes. When I assign a USB channel from my computer to the stereo channels I can hear it out the mixes (1-10) just fine. Why would local inputs not be heard in the monitors while digital signals are? I am sure this is a simple routing thing someplace but I can’t find it.

Thanks

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

stereo ins are routable to mixes in the same way as mono channels.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Go to the upper level where ST 1-3 are and masters and FX masters. Press a Mix button like Mix 1. Now raise the ST1-3 faders. Should now be in that mix. Same for others.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

As George says above, you just need to select the fader layer containing ST1, ST2 and ST3 to feed stereo inputs to a Mix using sends on faders. The appropriate section of the manual is:

Sends on Faders, section 6.3

See especially items “select mix” and “adjust send levels”.

Profile photo of Good2Go
    Good2Go
    Participant

I just found the issue. I pushed the assign button toward the upper left of the console and noticed that all of the “Select” buttons were lit up except ST2. I pushed ST2, the light came on and sound came out my monitor. I don’t know how that happened because it must be set that way in every scene as well.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Welcome to the joy of scenes that aren’t saved in an editable format…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.