Help! Emergency!

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting Help! Emergency!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Josh Josh 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

I know the likelihood of getting this solved immediately is zilch, but it’s Easter Sunday in the morning and during worship practice the last three ME-1’s in a chain of six went dead. The power supplies were all plugged into individual outlets and the only connection was the Cat-5 daisy chaining them together. So the first three in line were fine, the last three died. Nothing I do will bring them back! Any thoughts?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Is power dead or signal. If signal replace the Ethernet cable on the input of the first one. If the power is dead not likely 3 would die. Power strip failure? Odds of 3 units failing is rare. Swap good one for bad one to see. Seems like basic troubleshooting 101. Good luck. Happy Easter.

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

Power. That’s what’s strange, they were all plugged into different outlets. The first three in line didn’t lose power or signal. Only the last three (all six connected by cat5). Swap out did nothing. Bizarre. Thanks for the reply, happy Easter!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Swap power modules to see if it is the module or the ME. Could last 3 be on outlets with separate breaker? Check breaker box.

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

Yeah, tried that too. Couldn’t have been a power surge because other equipment plugged into the same bay of outlets was fine. Guess we’ll be calling our distributor Monday morning. Back to the good ol wedges.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

So is it ME’s dead or power modules dead?

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

ME

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Bizarre

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello Josh.
    I know it was yesterday..
    I take it you replaced the 4th Cat5 cable in the chain?
    I am keen to know how you resolved the situation?
    cheers

-Dave NZ

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

Hi Dave, we changed cables, power supplies, the order, etc but the bottom line is the last three units lost all power, they don’t even turn on no matter what. It’s as yet unresolved, I just used the aux channels and older in-ears and one wedge to replace those three. The other three did fine. It will likely be a call to the distributor for warranty help tomorrow. Service went off without a hitch though! I’ll post when I know what happened to them. Thanks!

Profile photo of Josh
    Josh
    Participant

In the interest of keeping folks updated, our vendor was stumped. They are sending three replacements for us. Adding to the mystery, two of the three that went out came back a week later (after multiple tests where they did not). So strange… Will update again if we get a reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.