GLD112 – Masive peak when turn the master fader above 0db

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD112 – Masive peak when turn the master fader above 0db

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JD JD 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all of you!

I got a GLD-112 Chrome a few months ago and been very happy with it. Unfortunately recently noticed when I try to set up the master fader to 0db and start the soundcheck there is a massive digital peak coming from the Master channel. If I turn it down to -3db is all running fine. All the channels were muted at the time of the peak! I have tried it a few times on different gigs and it does the same.

I have tried the desk with linking the Main LR outputs directly from the desk and also from the stage boxes and it does it in both cases.

I am using 2 x AB168 Stage boxes and 7 x ME1 systems on a daisy chain.
    Software Version 1.5 Chrome

Can you please let me know your opinions and experience as it freaks the whole room full with musicians including me every time it happens. It sounds like a pink noise but worse.

Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Hey JD,
    a Happy New Year back!

At first It seemed that possibly you might have created an internal feedback loop.
    After thoroughly re-reading your post, I´m not sure. Your inputs are muted,you say, but do you have your Aux- Grp- Mtx- Masters muted as well? Sounds like a digital feedback…
    Is it only on your L/R output or also in the Mon or other Out feeds?

If you could post your desk file as an attatchement, that would be helpful at taking a look under the hood.
    good luck and keep us informed…
    pit

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

I think that it is in the fx section.

Mute the in and out’s of the fx and try again.

Richard

Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your replies! It seems very possible to be an internal feedback loop. I will have a look at the desk’s settings and update you later today!

Many Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.