GLD Multiple Mix Locations

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD Multiple Mix Locations

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bobp bobp 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mharper
    mharper
    Participant

Our Church is looking at doing some upgrading in our Fellowship hall/Youth room. We are looking at a GLD80 with an AR2412, we would like to have 2-3 different mix locations in the room where we can plug in the mixer/surface and have the AR2412 in a rack back stage. If I am reading this link correctly, we should be able to do this with a network switch in the rack with the AR2412 and CAT5e cables ran to each mix location. I would like to have some verification that this is correct and also if there is anything else that would be needed.

Thanks
    Mike

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

You can also do it much simpler by just running the cables and labeling them. Just use the cable on console and stagebox at desired location. Cheaper. Less electronics. More dependable. I have one install that does this.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant
    Profile photo of mharper
    mharper
    Participant

That thread is basically what we are wanting to do, except a GLD80 instead of the QU. Thanks. The reason why I was looking at using a switch is I wanted to always have the connections plugged in, that way a tech wouldn’t be needed for everything and the console could just be plugged in and turned on for a dinner or something similar where just a mic or two were needed and possibly video.

Thanks for your help.
    Mike

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

But he still has to plug up the box end depending on where it is.

Profile photo of Scott A&H
    Scott A&H
    Participant

For smaller events, you could use the GLD REMOTE App and use an iPad for control, if you have a wifi router that can receive from the iPad mix location, then you wouldn’t have to move your console around. You can also set certain permissions for the mix engineer.

GLD REMOTE

A&H Support

Profile photo of bobp
    bobp
    Participant

That’s exactly what I do. For main meetings with a band, I put the desk in one of 2 positions to control FOH (back centre and back left) – each has a CAT5 labelled at the AR2412 behind the stage. I sometimes also have the desk on stage for band practice through monitors only. However, I have the advantage of an enclosed store / server room behind the stage. Here are my AR2412, AR84 and patch panels for CAT5 and stage patch panels. I keep the GLD80 here and patch in a wireless router so I can run basic setups (3 wireless vocal mics, a feed for presentation laptop and a bluetooth receiver for background music). I can control all these from the iPad.
    Using a basic login, it is possible for someone with limited knowledge to run the system for basic announcements etc., or using Admin for full use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.