GLD 80 Cleaning / Disassembly

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD 80 Cleaning / Disassembly

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Silvermake Silvermake 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Hello,
    Is there a guide available for opening up the console to clean it?
    I can see through the fans that there is dust everywhere inside my board, and would like to give it a good clean.
    Hoping for a document, instead of just going for it.

Thanks!

Profile photo of nasi
    nasi
    Participant

Hi,

I didn’t see any document so far but there are some pictures here in the forum.
    It’s not that hard: turn the desk upside down and go for it. There are a lot of screws but nothing complicated. It becomes a bit more tricky if you want to open it all the way but maybe it’s already enough for you to open just the bottom.

My advice: install airfilters after you have cleaned everything. I have one outside of the power supply which I can change/clean without opening the desk.

Profile photo of Jerry
    Jerry
    Participant

Hye!
    Let me know how you are going to vacuum your concole
    I am confuse that how can vacuuming works for console.

Profile photo of Jerry
    Jerry
    Participant

Hey Friends I am still looking for the answer i did not get it from other forums hope you people will share information
    About vacuuming.

Profile photo of Silvermake
    Silvermake
    Participant

Hello!

Earlier I did some maintenance to my GLD, so I posted some pictures to the forum. You can find them here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/inside-gld80

It is not so complicated to open this desk, but if I remember right, there is some cables which are very tight when you open the chassis. Be careful and good luck. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.