GLD 80 and AR84 Standalone

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD 80 and AR84 Standalone

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joe Hinkens Joe Hinkens 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

I’ve been running our GLD80 and AR2412 with our band for a few months now, sort of in the ‘set it and forget it’ configuration relative to I/O settings.

Tomorrow night I’ve been asked to run sound for a small venue so I plan on taking my GLD80 and AR84 which I’ve never used previously. I’ll leave the AR2412 behind.

So my question is what would be the easiest/best method for setting up the GLD80 with a new scene and/or show for this venue using just the AR84? My guess is I should create a new scene within my existing ‘Show’ so I’ll have my library to pull from.

If so, should I do the ‘Board Reset’ to create a blank scene and build from there? Or is there a better method?

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Are you going to plug the 84 into the expansion port on the console or the DSnake? That will likely effect your socket choices. I think if you are in Dsnake it will be 25-32. On the console it will be 33-40. I think that is how the console detects those. I have not had them plugged in like that by themselves.

So that will affect how your show is. I think I would just build it from scratch but that is me. Keeping libraries is ok but maybe not relate to mic choices or source, talent etc. Might just be a starting point. It is so quick to build a show and with only 12 inputs, not difficult.

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

Thanks G,
    Yes, I just plugged the AR84 directly to the DSnake port on the mixer. I’ve been digging into it and it seems to be pretty straight forward. I just did a scene reset and set the I/O inputs to 1-8 on the AR84, and paired them up the same way on the GLD80.
    Now I’m building aux mixes, a couple DCA’s and EFX. From there I think I’ll be good to go. This board is so cleverly designed it never ceases to amaze me.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Very good. Did it try to default to 33-40 when you first brought it up? I thought they would address that way. Even if it sees only an 84 and not a 2412 it would still think of it as 33-40. Maybe not. I know when I first was testing them I hooked them up different ways and they seemed to know where they were supposed to be. I have that system on demo right now at a church. 1 2412 and 2 84’s with a GLD 112. All I have in stock is an 80/2412 and a QU16 and don’t have them set up…

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

You’re right again G. It did default to 33-40. Easy enough to change. The darn thing is a lot smarter than I am! 😉

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

For these types of things sounds like you would be a good candidate for a QU16.

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

Yea, my buddy has a QU16 and really likes it. But the collection of mixers I acquired prior to the GLD80 has dinged my wallet to the point of needing to do a little house cleaning. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.