Getting different mix parameters on each mix bus?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Getting different mix parameters on each mix bus?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Hi all.

Hoping someone can help. I can’t work out how to have different mix parameters on different mix busses.

If I change an EQ or a name or anything else on LR mix it effects Mix 9-10, 7-8 etc. (and vice versa)

I’ve seen it work before. I’m figuring i’ve flicked a global switch somewhere but can’t find the answer in the manual.

Thanks everyone.
    JD

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

John…

Anything you do on a channel will carry over to any and all buses to which the channel is assigned UNLESS you select a signal pick-off point for that bus which is pre- the process. This is clearly detailed in the manual, I believe, and is channel processing.

See section 9.9 “Mix Routing” in the manual regarding pick-off points for channel>mix sends.

Bus processing is just that and will apply equally to and across all channels assigned to the bus. Any EQ, compression, etc applied to the bus covers and affects all assigned channels but will be peculiar to that bus only, with the exception of buse in sequence such as group>mains where the group processing carries forward to the mains.

I suspect this linear carry-over also applies to matrices, but I only have a Qu-16.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There isn’t an infinite amount of processing available. Check the block diagram for where different things happen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.