Garageband 10.1.5 no audio thru Qu

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Garageband 10.1.5 no audio thru Qu

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sara Sara 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Em
    Em
    Participant

So even though I have in audio in and output selected to Qu I can record audio IN to GB but don’t hear audio out…
    this actually use to work but need a suggestion on what to change

thanks

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Input patch on the Qu.

Chris

Profile photo of Em
    Em
    Participant

Thank you, I of course am in neglect of suppling all info;
    Entering into speaker setup on Mac side I have selected output
    corresponding to ST 3 on Qu, then in Qu selecting USB B as a source for ST3
    to no avail. Tried the same with ST2 and still no good.
    Selecting HDMI as output on GB plays audio through (TV/monitor).
    Beginning to think Apple broke something.
    I only use GB as a quick audio editor and find no problem sourcing audio
    through Qu when using my other two DAWs. I only became curious about
    GB in using the loops to make nifty practice pads while working on my timing
    on bass guitar, but it also broadens my perspective in case I need to help
    someone who doesn’t get as deep into recording as I do.
    At any rate GB is a quick note pad.
    Okay, now i’ve gotten too wordy!
    Love the Qu!

Profile photo of fatjon
    fatjon
    Participant

Indeed they have. Also broken in iMovie and first Cut Pro 10.4

Meters going up and down on screen and nothing out of the channels I assigned as speakers in the Mac settings.
    Protools seems to be OK and iTunes plays out of the mixer but that’s about it. Just sent 2 hrs with Apple support and they couldn’t fix it. Blamed A&H.

Will speak to A&H support on Monday and see if it’s a problem they can help me with but I really think it’s an apple problem.

Profile photo of fatjon
    fatjon
    Participant

I just found the problem.The fix works in garage band, move and final cut!

Don’t use the default speaker outs of 17/18 (?) in midi and audio setup or the ones I chose which were 31/32, instead use 1 and 2 and all is well. Apple is a bit thick and all their apps except iTunes ignore the settings of what channels you configure for speakers outs and will use 1/2 regardless.

Jeez, 2 hours with apple support and I trip over the solution myself.

Anyway, hope it helps someone.

Profile photo of Sophia
    Sophia
    Participant

Audio interface can cause issues with GarageBand. If you’re using an external audio interface, first try using the built-in audio on your Mac instead of the interface. If the issue continues to occur, open GarageBand without audio input and output. Apple is a bit thick and all their apps except iTunes ignore the settings of what channels you configure for speakers.
    Follow this Guide https://garagebandonpc.com/ Cheers!

Profile photo of Sara
    Sara
    Participant

Have you set the mic as the input in GarageBand? ( You can do it following these steps- Garageband menu-choose preference-Audio/MIDI and thus click on Audio input and select Blue yeti)…

If you’re still not getting any audio in from the Yeti, have you tried setting the Yeti as the audio in in system preferences? if so, do you get any activity Level Input bar while it’s selected? if not, is input volume set to 100%? (far right end of slide)

There is a glitch in the Garageband software that can be resolved manually. There is a video I found that was uploaded a long time ago however it helped me to resolve the audio glitch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.