Gang Mode

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Gang Mode

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wildman
    wildman
    Participant

I need help from the A&H User Community brain trust. I am trying to set up multiple channels as triggers for ducking the Stereo 3 input. I can set up “Single” channel ducking just fine, but when I choose “Gang”, I cannot figure out where to setup the necessary multiple channels in “Gang Mode.” I have used the search function both online with Google search and within the PDF manual with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Gang mode is for ducking multiple channels using a single trigger, not ducking one channel using multiple triggers. For what you want, create a group of the sources you want to be the triggers. On the channel you want the triggers to duck, choose Single mode and select the group as the trigger.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Actually, gang mode selects multiple channels to be ducked by a single trigger. If you want to have multiple channels trigger ducking of a single input you need another solution such as a Group, Mix or Matrix (populated by the desired channels) as your trigger. Qu-16 would offer only a Mix for grouping…or kludge it by using PAFL as a group, but then you sacrifice PAFL as a mixing tool by using it as a faux group.

Edit: Simultaneous posting w/Gary…

Profile photo of hopcazz
    hopcazz
    Participant

best thing if you want several mics to trigger the track down is send all relative mic sourses to a mix bys ie mix1 take a short xlr back into a spare channel from the mix1 and then use that channel to trigger the track to lower and addign that input to LR and not any of the other mic channels oh and assign mix1 to post fade

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

“best thing if you want several mics to trigger the track down is send all relative mic sourses to a mix bys ie mix1 take a short xlr back into a spare channel from the mix1 and then use that channel to trigger the track to lower and addign that input to LR and not any of the other mic channels oh and assign mix1 to post fade”

It is not necessary to hard patch the Mix. Simply select the Mix as the trigger source for the Ducker. Using a cable back to a channel burns a channel and requires fiddling with channel assignments. Keep it simple, do it right. Avoid the hard patch.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.