Free MixPad promotion

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Free MixPad promotion

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flobbit Flobbit 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

From today until the end of the month, we have made the iLive MixPad app on the Apple Store free of charge!

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

When I saw the email today I just say to myself, let’s check again to be not be just an email launched on Fools Day.
    Thank you A&H

Profile photo of mrp123
    mrp123
    Participant

Thank you, A&H, for doing this.

In all humility, I suggest that A&H not end this promotion. I do not want to sound ungrateful, but from my perspective, this promotion is the most significant activity from A&H for their iLive products in 15 months since the last firmware update, unlike Qu and GLD. A&H’s recent behavior shows they are focusing most or all of their development efforts on the Qu and GLD product lines.

If this pattern were to continue and A&H were to resume charging a steep premium for an app that controls their aging, lesser supported, still flagship product line, whilst A&H is giving the equivalent app for free to the more supported yet lower-tiered product lines, I fear A&H will continue to alienate their iLive users. Even if charging for the app were helping A&H to prolong iLive development, we have seen no new activity for iLive by comparison like back-porting new features, bug fixes or address incomplete current features, which causes me and others to respectfully question its efficacy. I acknowledge that the question of how to extend product development requires a deeper conversation than this.

If I am in error, I apologize in advance.

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

mrp123 you are not in error, we as ilive owners have been totally left in the dark, And with the ilive2 coming out we are about to lose more on our investment.

Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Guess who has two thumbs and sour grapes for paying $99 for the app within the last year? This guy.

I suspect I’m not alone 🙁

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

You are not the only one Tim, I bought a QU16 when they first came out, Only to have A&H lower the price by $500 6 months later, That’s not the worst of it, Wait till the ilive2 comes out, We will all be stuck with a bunch of Yugos.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My GLD 80 is retailing for less than I paid dealer price plus extra discount being a demo unit. I got hit on the QU drop too. And the ARs.

Profile photo of John-B
    John-B
    Participant

I got hit on the QU price drop as well, although I noticed mine was actually made in the UK! Maybe they wanted to keep it close to home at first to make sure the model got off to a good start? The serial # on mine is under #000500. Working fine though!

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

I bought my iLive 5 years ago and also bought the mixpad app as soon as it was available. I even had to buy an iPad, so the remote control of the desk costed about 500,- €.

BUT: when I think about size, weight and the costs of my older big analogue desks with remote controllable TC EQs and when I think of how much easier this great desk and the app made my work, it’s worth every single cent. I think, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, every company in the pro audio business would have paid 5.000,- € to get a remote control like this, if it would have been available.

Don’t forget … a digital desk is a computer. Did you buy a computer within the last years? And what is it worth now?

I think the iLive is a great desk, we got several updates within the last years, all for free. It is paid, it earns money and it makes my work much easier, and this will not change regardless, if there will be iLives 2 or 3 …

And in my career as sound engineer I payd a lot more money for much less usable things than the mixpad 😉

just my thougts …
    Andy

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

At least this forum is having some action now, look at the GLD & the QU forums, there are people on there everyday discussing about those products, and then look at this forum, not the same at all, Oh 1 more thing yes the Ilive is like a computer, and I agree computers are always getting better, But when was the last time you paid $16,000.00 for a computer.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Sure, iLive is bit expensive computer. But there are only 2 reasons for buying it- either it’s a business case and that means you should have made some money out of using one, or it’s just a toy you bought because you had money and no idea how to spend it (close alternative to gambling or cocaine). In that case you had some fun using it. Both situations are with positive outcome, I think. Even if a new desk comes into the game, I feel these still be around for 5 years minimum. My ROI plan was based on 3 years and I see I’ve been a pesimist here.

ddff

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

Its not just me.. look around there are quite a few people disappointed and selling their ilives.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yup, and I buy from them time after time 🙂

ddff

Profile photo of strat
    strat
    Participant

Good for you.

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I bought mixpad last month just weeks prior to the free offer….I felt bad because, contrary to what some think, being a not for profit organization, we just don’t have the funds to purchase extra stuff, if one includes the cost of computers for the A&H editor and that of the ipad itself it does add up. Tack in the fact that only last week I purchased meyersound’s compass “Go” app that also went free this week and you can see why I felt somewhat cheated, I made my sentiments known to one of A&H moderators in a private msg and was basically answered that it’s not that much compared to the initial iLive cost (137$ cdn with tax….)……. 🙁

I actually think the app should have been free all along, arguments from A&H still hold on to the fact that the app was an afterthought and therefore worth the extra $$ in R&D etc……add in the fact that iLives have not received the kind of attention other flagship products have in our industry and you can get quickly disillusioned and frustrated for perhaps having made the wrong purchase in the first place ……

With that being said, (and this is true for most computer based products), iLive still does what it was slated to do, at least as well or better than it did when first launched…. has it kept up with its neighbours? perhaps not…… entry level products like Qu and GLD have certainly benefitted from the improvements requested for the iLive by iLive users, how long will we wait? as mentioned, more and more iLives are for sale, there was a time this was a rarity…….All these signs I’m afraid spell EOL for our iLives….

On a happier note meyersound is working with itunes to reimburse buyers of the Compass Go app…… 🙂

and of course there are more than the 2 reasons stated for buying an iLive…..

RayS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.