Flash the mix layer lights to reduce errors

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Flash the mix layer lights to reduce errors

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of fxk fxk 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of chrisw
    chrisw
    Participant

I get on well with my Qu16 but my most common mistake is to forget I haven’t reverted the faders to the L-R bus and I end up changing the fader settings on an FX or mix bus when I intended to change the main L-R mix.

My feature request is to allow the blue FX/mix selector buttons down the right hand side to flash when selected, to make it harder for me to forget they’re selected. Only the L-R mix selector button should not flash.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Some sort of indicator would be good. It’s one reason I built a monitor desk for mine…

I could almost sanction the sel buttons blinking – so you can see it wherever on the board you look…

Profile photo of krazykev
    krazykev
    Participant

great idea

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes….great idea!
    So is there anything negative about that idea?
    Im all for simple improvements but always like to think of new innovations or the down sides.. the just-in-case scenarios before the horse has bolted.

I sometimes forget to come off the GEQ flip before I star re-tweaking.. or are they calling that the forth layer these days?

Profile photo of chrisw
    chrisw
    Participant

I agree with xyz – any negative impacts should be assessed. For this reason, the function can be a user preference setting that defaults to the current steady lights. Also – good thinking – the GEQ flip button could also flash for the same reason.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I agree this is a great idea. I have many times wished for it especially teaching my customers how to use the consoles having never worked with layers.

I do agree it should be optional.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Heck yes –

– No flashing.
    – Mix LED flash
    – All Sel Flash @ half brightness

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

what about making it even more obvious (and avoid flashing)? As we’ve seen with the option to convert groups into mixes, there are at least blue/red leds mounted at some buttons. In case there are RGB LEDs mounted in all Mix/Group/Fx buttons, what about:
    – If LR is selected all these LEDs are off.
    – If a Mix is selected, all LEDs are blue, except the selected Mix, which is white
    – If a Group is selected, all LEDs are purple, excepte the selected Group, which is white
    etc.
    Particularly in a darker environment it should be pretty obvious if there’s currently LR selected or “something” else and we do not need to spot some time to not miss a blinking light.

If there are only red/blue resp. green leds (on Fx button) mounted, this obviously does not work. Don’t think that keeping the selected Mix/Group/Fx LED off would be a proper solution, not sure if different brightness per LED is supported.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

no RGB available

Profile photo of fxk
    fxk
    Participant

Flash the blue LED Mix Buttons as selected, and SEL button flashed at reduced brightness when anything but LR is selected.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.