Firewall Configuration

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Firewall Configuration

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of antonyja antonyja 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of timtrace
    timtrace
    Participant

Greetings, what is the current firewall configurations necessary to allow the Editor to communicate with a 1.94 MixRack through a firewall? I found some 5-year old documentation which suggests TCP ports 51321 and 51324, but I also see broadcast traffic on 51320, so this suggests that perhaps the information I’ve found is out of date….? Thank you.

Profile photo of Elphie
    Elphie
    Participant

Why are you trying to run the editor through a firewall? There’s probably a reason why the documentation is old, maybe no-one does it.

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Hi timtrace,

Are you connecting via the public Internet? The documentation was written from the perspective of connecting via the Internet, and so there is no point in opening the UDP51320 port as the broadcasts wouldn’t get routed anyway.

The UDP51320 broadcasts are use to discover iLive (and other A&H devices) on the local sub-net, and the replies to these are used to list the units available. If connecting via the Internet then this is normally done by typing the IP Addr of the router that is set to port-forward to the iLive. If you have a firewall on your local sub-net then it may be worth opening up port 51320 as well to get the above functionality.

Regards,

Antony I. Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen and Heath.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.