Fire Custom Midi Message from Soft Key

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Fire Custom Midi Message from Soft Key

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Adam Adam 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Adam
    Adam
    Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to suggest a feature that allows you to allocate custom midi messages from the soft keys. I have scoured the forum to see if it’s possible, but I can only find info to do it on the dLive. (https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/midi-and-qlab)

We use qlab via the desk and it would be brilliant to be able to use the softkeys to fire a custom midi message so that it can advance the cues forward, pause them etc.

I have tested it by mapping an available assignable command to the soft keys (like MMC Play) and got qlab to learn the midi message it sends, and it works like a dream, but I’d like to be able to select a message that isn’t used for another function so that there’s no interference.

I know that you can’t type things into the soft key assignment, so even if there was a new function category “midi”, and 5 or so messages that arent used by the QU, then that would work perfectly.

Thanks for listening

Adam

Profile photo of Adam
    Adam
    Participant

I made a mistake in my post: it wasn’t mmc controls I Used as a workaround. Because they use sysex messages, qlab doesn’t use these.

What I’ve been using as a work around is DAW bank up and bank down, which works fine, but it would be good to get more midi messages to populate the soft keys With more than these two commands. Also I don’t really know what the DAW bank up/down does in the sound desk that could affect live output, but I feel a bit uneasy firing these commands to control Qlab if it’s doing something unintended?

Thanks again

Adam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.