Faders assigned to FX Speaker Matrix outputs

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Faders assigned to FX Speaker Matrix outputs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of fergusom fergusom 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fergusom
    fergusom
    Participant

I use the built in speaker Matrix FX processor to run my FOH.

This works great except that, if for example I were to run a 5 way foh matrix i.e. L delay, L,C,R, r Delay, I find I have no gain/fader/level control of the outputs, as the inputs are simply Left main and Right Main. Even the centre is unassailable to the centre output of the Spkr Matrix. Am I missing a trick? I see it is possible to add delay times to each position but it does not seem possible to control individual position levels.

Because of this I end up using a matrix to supply my L&R delays just so I have some level control at the desk. The downside is of course that the output signals to my delays are now not x-over processed and this is the same for my centre which is also fed from Main Centre.

Now I know I have processing available via the MTX to GEQ/PEQ, but there is no HPF in the MTX!

If I am not mistaken and I have not missed something – I suggest that this becomes a feature request – that output per speaker not only has a delay assigned but also a level control much like the virtual fader controls in the multi-band compressors.

Mark
    (aka Fergie)

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I haven’t played with that, but can’t you patch Speaker processors output to direct input of MTX?

dddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I wouldn’t use the iLive Speaker Matrix for delays. The way it works, an LR signal is spread across multiple speaker stacks across a wide stage front. Far L and far R are not copies of LR, they are the extremes of the PAN image. You’ll get all sorts of phase issues if you were to use these for delay stacks.

https://ilivefx.allen-heath.com/spkr.php?t=i

Profile photo of fergusom
    fergusom
    Participant

Thanks Nicola – that’s handy to know.

That’s a possibility dddff I will investigate – thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.