Fader with a mind of its own

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Fader with a mind of its own

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Painkiller Pete
    Painkiller Pete
    Participant

Hi all…I hope someone can help. As the topic name suggests, my QU16 has a fader (4) which will happily stutter, move up or down, or basically settle anywhere it feels like at after I return from one layer to another. It usually will just max out, especially when I return to the main LR layer, but not always. As I flick through the Mix layers it will stutter and move randomly and then when I return to the main layer it settles happily flat out most of the time. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t.
    It doesn’t matter if there is an ipad connected or not.
    I am using the current firmware version.
    It started this random movement about six months ago. It’s no big deal as it can be managed but I would hate to think it is a symptom of something bigger around the corner. I have had the desk for over 2 years without any real issues.
    If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.
    Painkiller Pete

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Are you connected to a computer via usb when this is happening?

Painkiller Pete
    Participant

Hi…thanks for the reply. No, I am not connected to anything when it happens. I only use the desk in a live band situation and it happens every time its used. Always random but always happens. Only ever channel 4 though, all of the rest seem OK.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Does the audio level associated with that fader change as the fader is jumping around?
    If you are connected to a ipad at the time this happens does the fader on the iPad move as the fader on mixer is jumping around?
    Have you tried a full mixer re-set?

Painkiller Pete
    Participant

The audio level does definitely jump around with the fader. When I have an ipad connected the fader physically moves and moves on the ipad as well.
    I havent done a full mixer re-set or re-installing the current firmware yet. I guess this may be the only thing that I can do. Other threads that I have seen havent had any success with a re-set so I was trying to avoid it ….but I guess it may be time.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Save all your scenes, shows, libraries etc to a USB stick first, then a full reset becomes relatively easy & painless. If you then go on to re-insell the firmware, use another stick for that. Do the fader calibration thing afterwards.

Got to be worth a try, though I rather suspect there’s a hardware problem behind this.

Painkiller Pete
    Participant

Last question … After I complete a reset and load my scenes back on, do the EQ settings etc for each mix, LR etc as well as channel presets related to a scene, load back as part of the scene?
    Thanks again, Peter

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Yes they do unless you have those functions “safed” or blocked from being recalled with the scene.

Profile photo of Matz
    Matz
    Participant

Hi All. I bought an Asus RT-AC1200G+ wifi router to link with a Qu 24. I have connected it to the network port and set the mixer on DHCP enabled and ensure that the router is set to the same ip range and subnet.but the the mixer couldn’t link with the router.

Profile photo of Matz
    Matz
    Participant

Is this router compatible with Qu 24 mixer or not? Pls advise

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

That Asus router should work with a QU.
    Did you connect it to the network jack and not the D snake jack.
    With the mixer set to DHCP and nothing else connected to the router the mixer should automatically connect. Do not try to set the routers IP address to the IP address that was assigned to the mixer via the DHCP.
    Right out of the box with the mixer set to DHCP it should work, reset the router and see what happens.

I feel setting the mixer to static IP address is a better way to go for mixer to router connectivity.

Profile photo of Matz
    Matz
    Participant

Thanks Mike for the response

I have connected the LAN Cable to the Network PPort and LAN3 on the WiFi Router.
    Tried static IP or DHCP but mixer does not respond. I am now suspecting that the mixer network port is faulty.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Nowt to do with a dodgy fader though…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.