Fader problems

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Fader problems

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flo84 Flo84 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Espen
    Espen
    Participant

Hi
    I got my SQ5 yesterday, and immediately noticed problems with the motorized faders. When I flip through the layers or choose a mix, and go back, the fader does not return to the correct position. Tried to calibrate several times, but no change.
    And why can’t I find a manual anywhere?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Espen,
    I have sent you a message.
    Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

For any users wondering – a hard reset solved this issue.
    This is done by holding EQ ‘In’ and ‘HF’ keys when powering on the SQ.

Keith.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

And we’re all now officially jealous!

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

I had a similar issue. One of my channels wasn’t muting properly. After I conducted a hard reset, everything seemed to work properly. Thanks for the advice.

Profile photo of RonnieD
    RonnieD
    Participant

Should we just do a hard reset when we receive the unit to help resolve a future misfire somewhere? Picking mine up this Friday 🙂

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Hi If you hard reset faders: are all faders reset or can you choose which one you want to reset?
    Andreas

Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

To describe the problem. My channel 13 will only work in monitor not in FOH. It’s like it muted for FOH and can not sound.There is signal in. I have look at the routings and what I can see it’s looks ok. It’s similar to the other faders. Any ideas?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Is it assigned to L&R (assuming that’s your FOH)? – Select the FOH mix, then hold down “Assign” button, and check that Ch13 select button is lit)

Profile photo of veki
    veki
    Participant

Hello
    I am having the same problem with 9 channels on my mixer
    when i do calibration my fader jumps up and down
    it’s been a long time coming
    I can attach a video but you will see what the problem is

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Veki,

Please go to support.allen-heath.com and start a ticket for assistance with this.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of veki
    veki
    Participant

thanks alexA&H

Profile photo of Jlo
    Jlo
    Participant

Hello all, Im having similar issues. Hard reset has not fixed nor software. faders 3, 4, and 5 have all slowed down. When changing layers the faders do not return to the original position and end up changing the level of the channel its on on each fader. I’ll upload a video later. A&H, any ideas what can be done about this? We’ve had this board for about 4 years now so definitely out of warranty..

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @Jlo,

I’ve got your enquiry at our support ticket system, thanks for sending it. I’ll make sure to follow up in there.

Cheers,
    Rafa

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi,
    for information on my SQ-6 (february 2018) I have now some faders which move more slowly at certain operating ranges (and it’s my personnal mixer, used in normal condition). No control issue.
    My first idea was to order new faders but before I opened my SQ to check them.
    After removing the faders which were slower, I could see that the pulley on which the belt is positioned didn’t turn freely all the time.
    I put some lub on the pulley shaft and now my fader is back to normal speed.
    I’m still going to order a few faders in advance just in case.

Best

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.