Fader issue

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Fader issue

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davetteur davetteur 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

I had a fader that acted as if it was in safe/freeze mode, HOWEVER, if I went from main to aux with fader position at unity, it would then set the aux at unity. If I pulled the aux back, then switched back to main mix, the fader would stay at the aux position and cause the main to be low.
    It appeared that whatever mix I switched to, it would take on the value of the main physical fader location, and vice versa. The fader also felt “rough” compared to the others.
    I had a spare input/fader so left it as is for the rest of the show. Unpacked today and I cannot seem to recreate the issue.
    Thoughts?

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

I was moving the fader about as it still felt funny. Low and behold it did it again. Fader would not move and would change the value to where it is going to whatever layer/aux.
    Motor definitely not moving fader.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

“Moving roughly” … Is there any chance you have 2 inputs gained? Probably not the problem, but I’d at least toss out he idea for brainstorming.

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

Good call, but no. Motor will not move fader. Doesn’t even move in calibration mode. My guess is dead motor or something in the drive. I have no idea how they are constructed/work.

Got an email in to my dealer.

My 1st GLD80 was DOA. This is the replacement that has been sitting in my basement for two months waiting for an install. This happened on it’s second night out. Not much faith in A&H build quality at this point.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

Can you afford a 112? Seems like a lot of the traffic on this forums relate to GLD 80 problems.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Seems like a lot of the traffic on this forums relate to GLD 80 problems.

The 80s are cheaper and have been on sale for longer. There are going to be more of them out there, and the oldest 80s will be older than the oldest 112s.

Chris

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

True. Also I already own the 80 which is still under warranty. Not to mention I don’t have real estate for the 112.

Hopefully I don’t wind up taking a hit on this to get something more dependable. If it can’t take being shipped from the factory, riding in a trailer every week is gonna be a problem. This one is reserved for an install, but I WAS hoping to pick up another for a mobile rig. Two received and two returned is controlling that urge quite well.

Profile photo of timsound
    timsound
    Participant

Any resolution on this I am having the same problem on a GLD 112 Chrome. 2 of the 3 banks of faders don’t move? REset the board and latest firmware update.

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

I sent mine to A&H. It was only a single fader. They said it was a ground issue on that fader. Two whole banks don’t move? That sounds like an entirely different problem.

Profile photo of davetteur
    davetteur
    Participant

Any resolution on this I am having the same problem on a GLD 112 Chrome. 2 of the 3 banks of faders don’t move? REset the board and latest firmware update.

I have the same problem with my GLD80 chrome edition. Entire left fader bank not moving. Also tried firmware update and reset. Didn’t work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.