Expander port of AB168 and Aviom?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Expander port of AB168 and Aviom?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cornelius78 cornelius78 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Am I right in thinking that the expander port of an AB168 cannot be used to connect an aviom system, even when monitor mode is set to Aviom. i.e. it can only be used for ME1 or further AR/ABs

So there is no way to run additional sockets AND aviom over a single cat5, other than using an AR2412 directly fom the desk.

What I am interested in doing is gettting from our AR2412 to some more ports and the aviom hub using a single installed cat5. But it looks like I’m out of luck.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

You are right I’m afraid, AVIOM mode works only on the AR2412 Monitor port.

Profile photo of shivam
    shivam
    Participant

Can we put two AR2412 with GLD80 board, will it be compatible and if yes then where we will connect the second one?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi shivam,

No you cannot use 2x AR2412 in a GLD system. You can only connect an AB168 or AR84 to the main dSNAKE device (AR2412 or AB168). You can also connect an AR84 to the mixer Expander port.

Profile photo of Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Further to the questian above. If using an AR2412 with an AB168 into its expander port, will the desk see the AB168 as inputs 25 to 40 with inputs 41 to 48 still onboard the desk? Or do you still need the onboard (the desk) expander for the inputs 32 to 40? Is it the same for outputs?

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

AR2412+AB168 means inputs 1-24 are on the AR2412, inputs 25-40 are on the AB168, and inputs 41-48 are the local connections on the rear of the GLD surface. The GLD can have up to 120 inputs connected to it at once: (24 (AR2412) +16 (AB168) +8 (surface) +8 (AR84) + 64 (Dante, or other expansion card, eg madi.) I may have missed some. However, of these 120 inputs, you can only choose 44 mono + 2 stereo (+onboard fx returns) to mix at a time. Luckily you can choose to source your inputs from whatever combination of preamps/dante channels/local line-ins that you want, and this can change on a scene-by-scene basis. You can patch mixes and direct outs (or even just send inputs straight to outputs) to any of the outputs you happen to have connected to the system at the time. IIRC the only output that isn’t freely patchable is the headphone socket on the surface.

Edit: you can also use any unused but connected preamps/outputs to act as IO for outboard processors to be used as inserts on channels/mixes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.