EQ High and Low Band Q control behavior

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions EQ High and Low Band Q control behavior

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

In the first incarnations of the OS the hardware Q control in the EQ section was able to switch the High or Low band into shelf mode

I have no idea why this was changed. That is silly…
    it breaks the workflow

and btw: to use the low band on outputs as high pass would be very nice as well

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

This is still accessible from the PEQ screen itself using the screen rotary. Presumably, this is to make sure you don’t change the type accidentally while on another screen.

SteffenR
    Participant

I know that two clicks more than needed
    maybe we could have it as a setting

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I miss this feature as well – was really handy in earlier firmware! There might be a few user that didn’t like it, so a setting to switch it on or off would be the solution!
    This switch could be located on the FN-page (function key) in the EQ section or in the user settings at the setup screen.

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

My guess is that it would be harder to use the width knobs on the SuperStrip without the help of the touch screen since you wouldn’t see when it “kicks” to shelving mode. That way you can have other information displayed while doing your EQ. I would find it confusing if I’m only relying on my ears to do the EQ when the shelving would kick in.

SteffenR
    Participant

bump, still waiting…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

From a UI perspective I can see why it doesn’t. It’s a completely different operation to the previous n clicks on the same control.

Something displaying on screen and allowing you to twiddle down to it might be possible, but I guess the UI guys want a fair gap between widest and shelving…

(Hence the request for it as a setting I suppose)

SteffenR
    Participant

hmmm, the 01V had this feature 15 years ago

what about the highpass filter in the outputs?

Profile photo of millerthriller
    millerthriller
    Participant

I also think, that the bandwidth setting in the SuperStrip section should behave similar to the screen rotary knob. The behavior that is implemented now is from my point of view inconsistent and confusing …

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I agree with steffenromeiss
    This is the second post about this.
    And I got the similar remark

“This is still accessible from the PEQ screen itself using the screen rotary. Presumably, this is to make sure you don’t change the type accidentally while on another screen.”

Well that’s fine for some, however it ALLWAYS broke my work flow
    To stop and think whilst mixing on the fly “now how do I get that to shelf” just is a pain in the …..
    Slows the work flow down!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Maybe a soft key shelf toggle?

The advantage the rotary has is that you can see the shelf kick in.

SteffenR
    Participant

bump again

maybe we can connect these setting to the switching to the processing screen if a handle is used, I always have it on, I like it
    and in this case you can see if you change to shelf

SteffenR
    Participant

?

SteffenR
    Participant

maybe we can get an official statement on this?

Profile photo of fxk
    fxk
    Participant

QSC Touchmix has a decent implementation I’d like to see adopted by A&H.
    The normal 4-band PEQ plus a separate shelving buttons (High and Low) and a separate variable High-Pass/Variable Low Pass Low Pass w/button all right there on the PEQ screen. No looking around, no twisting an encoder or slider (iPad app) to get to shelving or filters.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.