EPIC FAIL Qu and Logic pro

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration EPIC FAIL Qu and Logic pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

It’s been quite a while and Apple and Allen Heath have not solved the DAW control problem between them. This is unfortunate. The Qu price range is great and it’s potential is awesome. I fear I will have to switch to pro tools to have the nirvana that almost was with Logic Pro. The Qu appeared to be a god send to small studio owners looking for a 1 to 1 mixer control in their Logic Pro studio, but instead has become more like purgatory.

I don’t look forward to the learning curve of Pro Tools, but convenience rules in my studio. I wonder if a class action suit would help light a fire under the two companies to solve this problem.

Stu

Profile photo of tooloud
    tooloud
    Participant

It’s a disaster. DAW Control does not function with High Sierra. And even before I upgraded, I’d set up the control surface, add the Monitor object in the Environment, yet every time I closed a project and reopened, I had to go through the whole process again.

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Since the high sierra upgrade the daw control does not work and the copy of the OS i had was accidentally updated win a way that prevents it from working with the Qu 32 as a DAW controller which is why i purchase it. Thinking about posting a youtube about it.
    Stu

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

Qu DAW control has been tested and working with MacOS High Sierra and Logic Pro X 10.4, if you are having issues, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we will be happy to help.

When Logic has been opened after a computer reboot there is no need to start the setup from scratch.

1. View the Control surface setup window.

Each control surface will display a ! symbol – ‘DAW1’

2. Select the first control surface – ‘DAW2’

3. Reassign the Output and Input port to DAW Control MIDI 1 – ‘DAW3’

4. Repeat this for each control surface (Surface 2 to MIDI 2, Surface 3 to MIDI3, etc) and the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Alex

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.