Editor computer 2 networks

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Editor computer 2 networks

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jb12string jb12string 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Davet112
    Davet112
    Participant

I need to use a win 7 PC to control an aux mix for a recording feed, this pc will also do the recording. I want to connect to the iLive system via wifi and also have the pc on a standard wired network to have access to servers where the recording files will be stored. I can make this work if I unplug the ethernet cable while I boot up ilive editor then after editor is running plug in the wired network, but that is a pain and is confusing for the volunteers that are using this. I talked to the network admin and he said he could change some things to make this work without the workaround but I wanted to ask here if there are anythings that would mess up the ilive connection or stability.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Did u ever thought about connecting the Ilive to the same switch where your server is connected to?
    Cause i think that is an Windows Thing – if an Ethernet Cable is plugged in this it overrides the wireless network.

So if u connect the IDR to the same Network as your Servers are on u do not need the Wireless Network.

Just found: Windows 7 with 2 Networks

Maybe this helps!

Profile photo of Davet112
    Davet112
    Participant

I hadn’t thought of that. I thought the connections to the idr were supposed to be limited to computers that needed a editor connection to the idr. The network the server is on is the main facility network with hundreds of computers and printers etc, etc. Is putting the idr on a large network like that a bad idea?

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

If u or ur IT Admin make it safe that there is no IP Conflict – i cannot see a problem with that.
    As far as i know Ilive uses 192.168.1.1 as IP Adress – but u can change that so that it fits in ur Network.
    U can run the Wireless Network for Backup purpose if there is some IP Conflict.

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

It doesn’t matter how the networks are connected. If you have 2 wireless network adapters and connect to a dual band router/AP, it will only see the surface (on a mixrack/surface setup) on one of the networks, not both. Also, if you connect to the main network via wireless (2.4gHz) and the ilive network via a second wireless adapter (5gHz), it won’t see the surface. I have concerns running on a network with that much traffic from a bandwidth perspective.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.