Drive recommendation for Playback

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Drive recommendation for Playback

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of djam
    djam
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new to this unit and I am just getting my feet wet. So I apologize in advance if my question(s) seem obvious.

I am a gigging musician and sometimes use backing tracks, I see a lot of posts for hard drives whether they be SSD’s or HD’s. My requirement is mostly for playback and control only so a 2TB drive is great to handle all of our tracks. There is a lot of discussions about recording and the importance of compatibility to maintain quality,but is it as important for just playback of tracks I copy to the drive and play back from the QU-16?

Thank you,

Dwayne

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Hi Dwayne, I’ve split this question into a new thread to keep the drive thread clean.
    For the purpose to play background music I’d still suggest to use some external playback device, an iPad for example.
    You are much more flexible with playback and creating playlists etc., don’t need to convert your music into WAV and still have the QuDrive for recording.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I would tend to agree – unless your needs are very simple and you never have to rearrange tracks…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.