dLive V1.6 Fistral

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive V1.6 Fistral

This topic contains 35 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

When will 1.6 be ready?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I saw on the Allen & Heath Facebook dLive Forum, they said that they are aiming for next week.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

V1.6 Fistral is now online at https://www.allen-heath.com/dlive-s-class/software/

Thanks for your patience.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

Thank you for the new firmware!
    Again many ideas were realized, which I had also recommended!
    great!
    we will be a good team πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of AJ
    AJ
    Participant

So with 1.6 is there a feature to link mix racks so that gain is controllable on either console with gain tracking? While controlling 1 mix rack with multiple surfaces may seem ideal for some it honestly doesn’t make a lot of sense for a Monitor Engineer, FOH Engineer, and Broadcast engineer to share EQ, Dynamics, etc…. Am I missing something?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes you don’t understand

one MixRack up to 4 surfaces
    Inputs will be shared not processing, it’s up to the user

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

@ajfager

As Steffen stated, the inputs are shared but the engineers are free to create multiple processing channels fed from the same input(s).

So, for example, in a FOH/MON application both engineers could have 64 channels of discrete processing.
    Equally, a 4 Surface application could be configured so each Surface has 32 discrete processing channels.

But Multi-Surface isn’t just about “splits”, it can also be used for runnning a parallel surface (for backup or B-Stage usage) or for sub-mixing applications (one engineer mixing the band, the other the orchestra) – and I’m sure our users will find lots of other creative applications for Multi-Surface! πŸ™‚

Ben

Wolfgang
    Participant

@AJ:
    if you connect two surfaces with a mixrack, 64 channels remain for each console.
    you can divide up to 64 inputs on two consoles, depending on the configuration even more, it doesn’t have to be exactly symmetrical.
    then each console has completely independent processing per channel.

Profile photo of AJ
    AJ
    Participant

It would still be great to have better mix rack linking with head-amp control mapping and gain-compensation across multiple surfaces…. That way you don’t have to share processing power… Many applications these days require more than 64 channels…. Which is why I like the Dlive so much… It has lots of I/O and is a very scalable platform… I can definitely understand the uses for multi-surface… But I would still love to see gain-compensation and mapping across multiple mix-racks.

Thanks,

Profile photo of AJ
    AJ
    Participant

According to the webinar… You hit “Scenes” then “Setup” then “Scene Options” to change the “Surface Role”

I am not seeing the surface role on the desk or the latest Director Software…. I have tried on 2 surfaces and Director 1.6… No Roles under Scene Options…

Did you end up putting it someplace else?

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi AJ

The role setup moved fairly late on in development.

It’s under surface setup / surface preferences.

Hope this helps

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Should also add that Multi-Surface, as well as all the other new features, is documented in the 1.6 Firmware Reference Guide which is available to download from our site.

Ben

Wolfgang
    Participant

hello Ben,

I do not find the Firmware Reference Guide on the homepage. the search function did not yield any results either.
    where can you find it?

EDIT:
    the Firmware Reference Guide can be found here:
    http://www.allen-heath.com/dlive-s-class/dlive-documents/

Profile photo of Rohan Wright
    Rohan Wright
    Participant

Hi, Will i be able to use a surface as one role for FOH, and use director in a different role with 2 IP8 wings for monitors?
    I want to be able to have the mix buttons on the IP8 and not have them trigger a mix on the main surface.

Profile photo of bucks
    bucks
    Participant

Hi Rohan,

You can use a different role in Director and the Surface.

The IP Controllers inherit the role of the device which has been used to connect to them.

So a surface connected IP Controller will use the same role as the surface.

This however only limits scene recalls from the IP Controller.

So a physical FOH surface should be unaffected by a scene recall via a softkey on an IP Controller attached to a Director session providing the role ID’s are different.

This doesn’t change the existing situation of a surface having a singular selected mix, and the IP Controller sharing this select.

Does that make sense?

cheers

Andy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.