dLive V1.6 Fistral

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive V1.6 Fistral

This topic contains 35 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumu mumu 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

With the upcoming release of our biggest release yet, we’d like to invite you behind the scenes to explore all the new features. Highlights of dLive firmware V1.6, code name Fistral, will include Automatic Mic Mixing, Dual Surface support, and some cool new DEEP processing models.

Exclusive preview of dLive V1.6 Fistral – September 26th
    Click here to sign up for this webinar

We are also hosting a webinar looking specifically at the world of dLive Installed Solutions, including the latest wave of hardware options and installation-friendly features in V1.6 firmware.

dLive Installed Solutions – September 27th
    Click here to sign up for this webinar.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did it already… I’m very excited

Ooooooooooo. BONUS! Signed up!!!

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Can a link to the webinar please be posted for those of us that couldn’t make it?

Thanks,

Jay

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes please post a link when available.
    Missed it by 20 mins then audio was locked out. 😐

Profile photo of Lishinsky
    Lishinsky
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

+1 a link to the seminars is also good for me
    I couldn’t watch the second seminar because I had too much work.

the first seminar for version 1.60 was very interesting, thank you for that!
    as I had already written before, I would like to find a solution that allows you to activate the gain tracking for several preamps at the same time.

one more question: when will 1.60 be online?
    the “Mighty Compressor” interests me very much and I need the copy possibility of the “Recall Filter” urgently.
    and – many thanks for turning off the hum in the Echo-FX !! 😉

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Sorry if I’m stealing your thunder here Nic, but the webinar recording has now been uploaded:

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

is there an release date for ‘Fistral’?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

They didn’t have an exact date, but estimated within a couple of weeks.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Great Webinar. Lot’s of new features I’ve been asking about and performance improvements on the 1.5 scene handling that has kept me on 1.4.

Some questions, all around roles and multi-surface, if you don’t mind. I run a fairly large show today with house and monitors on one surface, so I’m hoping for some easy segregation.

1) How does a surface, or director, select a role to operate in? Can I “lock” them?

2) Does it show on-screen what role you are in?

3) Can I have soft keys to swap roles/surface layout on a single surface? I want to be able to do a full “swap” between FOH and MON and not have any inputs/mixes/fx of the other role available on the surface.

4) Surface-only recall. Can I lock that into a role? (V1.4, Running an opera with “roles” for recording, simulcast, house and monitors – there was almost a serious “oops” on a Director recall that was actively connected to the MR)

5) In role safes, are restrictions applied to the surface definition to block what can be on a surface?

6) In role safes, are input to mix and mix to mix restrictions enforced to not cross domains?

Switching to Multi-surface

7) Can you run a surface, no audio, through the regular network connections? This would allow multiple control-only surfaces without additional cards. (Note that it works fine today on S class, just audio shows a clocking error and obviously no audio/PAFL is available)

8) Can you forego the redundancy on the S-series to run a different surface on GigaACE A & B? Firmware update to disable the audio/network redundancy?

9) If you are running surfaces 2-4 via a GigaACE expansion card, is the network pass-through also available?

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to this release, though I won’t be able to play with it until Mid-November after my current round of shows and I have some down time.

Jay

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Will the One-Mix app become incompatible with version 1.52 firmware once it auto-updates? We cannot (and don’t want to) upgrade the firmware immediately on release and our band members run One-Mix on personal iPads. It hampers us pretty badly when they suddenly find they cannot use One-Mix. They are understandably unwilling to turn off auto-update just to accommodate one app.

Andrew

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Andrew, even if they’re personal iPads I’d suggest to them if they’re using them for professional purposes it’s worth turning off auto update (I mean, it’s literally one button press to ‘update all’ when you are ready)… I don’t Auto update ANY of my devices (computers/iPads etc), as there’s always the risk of incompatibility (as some of us running the new MacBooks are finding with Waves/Dante clocking issues). No biggie, just let them know to turn it off, even temporarily, while the update cycle is in play.

Profile photo of Ben A&H
    Ben A&H

Hi Jay,

1) How does a surface, or director, select a role to operate in? Can I “lock” them?

You can create, define and select the Role(s) in the Surface Preferences menu.

2) Does it show on-screen what role you are in?

You can see the Role name on both the Home page and the Surface Preferences menu.

3) Can I have soft keys to swap roles/surface layout on a single surface? I want to be able to do a full “swap” between FOH and MON and not have any inputs/mixes/fx of the other role available on the surface.

You can recall a scene from a soft-key which can change the surface layout but you would need to change the Role manually from the Surface Preferences menu.

4) Surface-only recall. Can I lock that into a role? (V1.4, Running an opera with “roles” for recording, simulcast, house and monitors – there was almost a serious “oops” on a Director recall that was actively connected to the MR)

At present the Surface Only Recall is not locked to a Role, it is instead a global Surface preference, but I will add this to our feature request list as I think this is a good suggestion.

I would imagine that in many scenarios one Surface would initially recall the show – for example the Primary Surface – and once the show is loaded all Surfaces would be set to Surface Only Recall. I can’t envisage any scenarios where any Surface would need this option turned off on any of the Surfaces.

5) In role safes, are restrictions applied to the surface definition to block what can be on a surface?
    I don’t quite understand this question, please could you elaborate?
    6) In role safes, are input to mix and mix to mix restrictions enforced to not cross domains?

There is one Role Safes filter per Role. The Role Safes filter contains the same parameters as the Global Safes filter and there are no restrictions on what each Surface can block/allow in the Role Safes filter.

Switching to Multi-surface
    7) Can you run a surface, no audio, through the regular network connections? This would allow multiple control-only surfaces without additional cards. (Note that it works fine today on S class, just audio shows a clocking error and obviously no audio/PAFL is available)

Yes, this is possible.

8) Can you forego the redundancy on the S-series to run a different surface on GigaACE A & B? Firmware update to disable the audio/network redundancy?

This isn’t possible at the current time. One Primary Surface can be run from the integrated gigaACE sockets and all Secondary Surfaces require a gigaACE or fibreACE module for connection.

9) If you are running surfaces 2-4 via a GigaACE expansion card, is the network pass-through also available?

All Surfaces connected to gigaACE modules would have the Control Network Bridge switch in the ON position so yes, network traffic would pass through.

Hope that helps!

Ben

Profile photo of doctor_sound
    doctor_sound
    Participant

Hi,

is there a problem with the release date für fistral?
    I’m waiting for the AMM for a production end of this month.
    Is there a time table for final release?

Greets
    Florian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.