dLive Master Ganging

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive Master Ganging

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Waz Waz 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

Hey guys, just wondering if there is a way to gang the L-R Masters when you have them set as separate faders? I would just have them as one fader, however when you assign it to mono matrixes, you can’t set the pan for it, it only lets you do a mono mix of it – I like to set my Matrixes up mono with PAL, PAR, Infill L, Infill R etc etc.

Any ideas?

Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Had a look at this – and – nope – can’t find a way of doing this.
    Maybe you could use stereo matrixes instead of mono, but just use one side of the routing. That way you can pan the send from the combined master to each of those busses. Is messy and wasteful of physical outputs and mix busses, but does get you kinda what you want?

BTW, have you noticed how the matrix sends seem to be POST FADE, but PRE the channel’s BALANCE/PAN. Means you have to set the balance/pan individually per send!? confused me for a minute why my master wasn’t panning. (I rarely take a feed straight to physical outputs from the master)

Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

Yeah right… weird.

Even the iLive could gang the master!

I like to use mono strips, so I can see when there’s a problem straight away – unfortunately if one side of a stereo channel isn’t working you can’t tell on the strip meter.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

We use a DCA to control our (separate) LR + M faders as one. Could this work for you?

It means that a single fader will control levels, but you’d still have to use the original L + R for other adjustments like mix assignment.

Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

It’s more for EQ/Comp settings, which the DCA wouldn’t really help. Good idea though!

Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

I guess this isn’t happening? Bit of a shame, seeing as it’s something that can be done on the iLive.

Would even be fine if you could use a single fader L-R, and you could pan/balance it when assigning it to mono matrixes…

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@waz
    Mains ganging was added in V1.5.

Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

Oh sweet! Didn’t realise, thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.