dLive C Class

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive C Class

This topic contains 40 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neakmenter Neakmenter 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My dealer rep says AH says shipping by end of Jan. We’ll see.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I got preliminary prices- it seems mixracks are -20%, surfaces -30%.

ddff

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

What about combining the c-Range with the “full” dLive: Can I use de S5000 with the CDM48? (not redundant – i know)
    Since now.. i’ve never used redundant PSU or Network.. so for me a way to save money on the mixrack but still would like to have the S5000 Surface with the loads of functions!?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’m told yes. Can mix.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As excited as I am to see this, it still baffles me why they severely limit the local I/O.
    You look at the S21, S31, M32, Vi’s, SC48, Midas Pro, etc. and all have local I/O available for small/medium sized gigs so you don’t have to force a mixrack.
    A C1500 should have at least 24 Mic inputs. C2500 32 mic inputs, and C3500 48 mic inputs.
    If you need expanded I/O you have the option to bring a mixrack.
    It’s very frustrating to be forced into remote I/O when dropping a console into previous copper lines.
    Not to mention the higher cost of manufacturing, extra truck space, extra time for setup, etc.

Just put the MixRack at FOH if you’re using a copper snake. It can live under the board and take up no extra room. I for one am delighted the way this system is designed. Other than the low end Behringer & Presonus and the Ultra-high-end LCS stuff, nobody makes a system like this where all the processing is in the rack. It’s the way it should be and I personally love it’s flexibility. If you want a console with lots of local I/O there’s tons of choices out there. If you want a professional “console in a rack” like the dLive, there’s nothing else out there at this price point. Well, I guess there’s the DSP5D but there’s no control surfaces or apps for it and it’s a pretty old system.

Profile photo of ceejay
    ceejay
    Participant

This is looking great.
    I was at the TC Furlong (console presentation) manufacturer rep show a few months back, and had a discussionn with the rep for the Dlive which mentioned a “surprise” in January. Not specific.

I have been seeing many manufacturers for certain consoles, offer loyalty upgrade programs for newer version consoles.
    As small business owner, the product life cycle of consoles has been challenging.

Has any consideration been given to current owners of iLive, to upgrade to DLive?

My guess would be no.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

@eotsskleet, As George says, yes you can mix n match C Class and the flagship S Class, they are fully compatible, they share the same firmware.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi Nicola.

Would a C3500 fitted with an expansion slot GigaAce card support redundancy and preamp control from the built in GigaAce A and B ports of an S series DM48?

In a digital split system with a GigaAce card at both ends, FOH and MON, will you offer any kind of gain tracking feature?

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Would a C3500 fitted with an expansion slot GigaAce card support redundancy and preamp control from the built in GigaAce A and B ports of an S series DM48?

No it wouldn’t. But it can go in the idea pool for future consideration 🙂

In a digital split system with a GigaAce card at both ends, FOH and MON, will you offer any kind of gain tracking feature?

Not at present, by yes this is something we want to work on.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

OK. Does this mean the GigaAce card can only communicate with other GigaAce card, and not the built in ports?

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

That’s correct.

(edited) One limitation of the I/O Port in the scenario you are suggesting is the 128×128 channel count. The built-in gigaACE connection is over 300×300 to cater for local audio and I/O Ports on the Surface.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Does the built in GigaAce (300×300) ports support going through switches? With the Waves V3 card I use managed switches at FOH and MON with port trunking to create redundancy. Would this work for the GigaAce A/B ports as well? Nice thing is it can be done with as many cat cables as one would like for increased bandwidth and redundancy 🙂

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster
    Profile photo of giusfre
    giusfre
    Participant

No midi in/out to recall cues/scenes?

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

MIDI messages are sent over TCP/IP on the Network ports. A free app for OS X called A&H TCP MIDI can be used to present these messages on a virtual MIDI port, for example for use with Qlab or DAWs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.