dLive C Class

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive C Class

This topic contains 40 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neakmenter Neakmenter 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Now, this is interesting – https://www.allen-heath.com/dlive-c-class/

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Really nice!

Wondering about price..

dLive C Class systems range from $6500 for a CDM32 MixRack up to $21500 for a CDM64 + C3500, but please speak to your local distributor for specific pricing information in your country: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

As excited as I am to see this, it still baffles me why they severely limit the local I/O.

You look at the S21, S31, M32, Vi’s, SC48, Midas Pro, etc. and all have local I/O available for small/medium sized gigs so you don’t have to force a mixrack.

A C1500 should have at least 24 Mic inputs. C2500 32 mic inputs, and C3500 48 mic inputs.

If you need expanded I/O you have the option to bring a mixrack.

It’s very frustrating to be forced into remote I/O when dropping a console into previous copper lines.

Not to mention the higher cost of manufacturing, extra truck space, extra time for setup, etc.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi ianhind,

You wouldn’t want to leave your mixrack at home, it contains all the DSP 🙂

DC

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

To add to David’s post above, unlike most other consoles on the market, the MixRack is really the heart of a dLive system. It houses the XCVI core where all the routing, processing and mixing happens. It can be controlled with or without a dLive Surface, for example by a laptop, iPad, or A&H range of IP remote controllers. This opens up a number of applications where the Surface is not required or only occasionally used, in both installations or live sound. In other words the Surface is basically a remote controller for the rack, which explains why a MixRack is indeed required.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

@ianhind, I guess most of us don’t have previous copper lines and wouldn’t want to pay for 48 preamps on a console at front of house when all the inputs are on stage.

Profile photo of AudioplusAB
    AudioplusAB
    Participant

Still disappointing not seeing a 16/8ch stagebox as IDR-16 for compact touring. Will be the one reason keeping us for not investing in the system.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Any infos on differences?
    Other MicPres? Whats different at the hardware other than size then the original DLive as the software seems to be the same?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Smaller racks. Only one I/O slot. Obvious desk and screen differences.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Albin and others,

The mic preamps are the same. The main hardware differences other than size, weight and number of faders are:
    – Number of I/O Ports
    – PSU redundancy
    – gigaACE and DX Link redundancy
    – Local I/O on Surface (6in/6out XLR vs. 8in/8out, and 1in/1out AES vs. 2in/3out)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Looking good.
    So I guess these will not be available until?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

They seem so similar to the S series, I’m not following why this new line comes out so soon after the S?
    There’s already smaller consoles in the S line, I don’t get it. It seems strange to have a new product that’s not substantially different from the other.

Is it the Same Editor? Same channel features? Same software?

Confusing.

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

Thought the same thing at first, Mr.X. But after comparing them more, it’s clear that S Class is tour grade and C class is an entry-level dlive. The C class lacks redundancy and swappable power supplies, as well as fewer card slots, surface I/O, and DX expander ports. You also lose the left column of encoders by the screen.

Similar chasis, same software and engine, and smaller form factors available. If anything, this is a very tempting product for GLD users who want to upgrade.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes looks like entry level dLive to me.
    Ive been tempted to get a GLD112 lately but…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.