Disable Midi

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Disable Midi

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of moon
    moon
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I have done a number of recording sessions with the QU-16, my Mac and Digital Performer.
    It has worked flawlessly.
    This week I did my first session with Firmware 1.5 installed. The mixer was triggering midi
    notes when muting or un-muting channels. Ideas, hints ????
    Can I disable the Midi component on the mixer ?

cheers,
    Mike Mullin

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

You could change the MIDI Channel.
    Setup->Control->MIDI->MIDI Channel

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks Mike for sharing the recording ability of this DAW with QU16
    Its good to have the positive feedback.
    And it worked flawlessly in ver 1.5
    Was the Digital Performer the latest version?

cheers
    dave NZ

Profile photo of moon
    moon
    Participant

Thanks for the midi work-around mamerica. I would still like to disable
    it entirely though, if possible, in a future upgrade.

Dave, I am using DP 8.06 running on a Mac Mini (I7 chip, 1TB fusion Drive, recording
    to external SSD drive with Thunderbolt interface)
    I record professional musicians (mostly) and no one has had anything to say about latency
    even when playing along with previously recorded tracks.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Sorry to pester you, but it sounds like you have a similar set-up to what I am strongly considering.

I am considering picking up a QU-16 for my home recording studio (simultaneous record/playback of 8-16 tracks) of mine. I am using DP 8.07 running on a Mac Mini Server (i7 chip, internal 7200 rpm drive and multiple 7200 rpm drives using USB 3 and one Firewire). Up till now, I have been using a Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 with an external ADAT Focusrite 8 channel preamp in addition to an ancient Soundcraft LX7 mixer for monitoring. I am looking to move to the QU 16 because it would have much better options for live performance, especially including recording live performances, as well as better monitoring options for musicians and singers. I also do live sound for our group, church work, possible live performance recordings, etc. In addition, I have never liked Focusrite’s monitoring software which seems very confusing and clunky.

That being said, the Liquid Saffire’s preamps sound great. How do you find the preamps on the QU-16, especially on things like vocals, a. guitars, etc? In short, is your set-up still playing nice with the QU-16 and what is your current set-up (how has it changed). I so much appreciate you helping give me some direction here. Before I sell off my gear, I just want to make sure my proposed set-up has a good chance of playing nice with the QU16.

Thanks so much for your help.
    Dave Kochan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.