director and thunderbolt macs

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting director and thunderbolt macs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of colvan colvan 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I have several late 2016 thunderbolt Macbook pros running Director 1.62 under High Sierra…

Even when the Macbook pros’ system prefs for the trackpad have been disabled (no double click tap or scrolling up or down etc..) it still behaves in director with odd scrolling and selection problems..for ex: I often get 2 or 3 menu items selected together (FX and i/O & routing or routing and scenes and processing ) and half the time there are no parameters on the ;page as in the home screen…..It’s all very arbitrary and to make matters worse i often get wrong selections of menu items or inputs…I have a 4rth MBP on a different system (el Capitan) an older 2008 MBP but i do,nT get the problem in the same director version..so I”m temped to say it’s the later MBPs trackpad but can’t find any info on this, anyone else having these issues?

Ray

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

here,s the pics

Ray

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

and here again another screen shot where no matter which menu item i select i’m stil;l stuck in talkback mode and as many as 4 menu items are selected

Ray

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

I have to bump this up again, I can’t believe i’m the only one with 4 new macbook pros that all behave as erratically ..the director application is unusable on those macs!!

Ray

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Ray,

Could you email a copy of your show file, director usb logs, and a copy of the system information report from your Mac (Click on the apple logo on the top left of your screen, About this Mac. Then press ‘system report’ at the bottom of the pop up, on the following page under file (in the toolbar) press save and attach the resultant file to your email), to support@allen-heath.com

Jack

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

docs sent and A&H is working on a fix…..

Thx

Ray

Profile photo of colvan
    colvan
    Participant

Director 1.63 is lousy with the default windowed mode disabled. Lagging, imprecise adjustments, cursor out of calibration when drag and dropping..

With a second monitor and “Windowed mode” enabled – largely remedied all problems except for an occasional gitch, for which a cycle of the app (quit and reopen) fixed.

I’m running director on a Late 2015 13″ Macbook Pro, OSX 10.10.5.
    I’m new to Dlive and V1.63 is my first experience of Director.

Really hope this is fixed very soon because I can’t be op-ing or editing on my next tour with a second monitor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.