Direct Output Pickoff Source – adjustable on individual channels?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Direct Output Pickoff Source – adjustable on individual channels?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey folks!

Getting deep into routing with our new dm48/cdm32 consoles. Again, coming off of a VENUE system, so maybe I’ve been spoiled here but: is there a way to change direct output pickoff for individual channels as opposed to the global setting in the routing tab? IE – there are some channels I want to have sent to performers post-compression, others I want directly after preamp/gate. I can’t seem to find a way to make that adjustment on a channel-by-channel basis currently. Have I missed it? or…? Thanks so much!

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

It’s come up a few times on this forum, and unless I’ve missed a recent patch, I don’t think it’s changed – global only.

With that said, tie lines are another option you could consider if you want certain signals directly after the preamp. We use tie lines for recording (via Dante) so we can “reverse the polarity” and do a virtual soundcheck by re-inserting the audio right back into the same place.

Bummer, thanks for the info! I have enough channels I’ll just burn a few to send things the way I want to the performers. I thought about using tie lines, but I’ve got them mostly occupied passing DANTE. (DM48 FOH–>Dante Tie Lines –>Cdm32 Live Stream desk inputs –> CDM32 Tie Lines ->Dante Outputs to Reaper.) We could shift it a bit, but then I’d need to rely on more multicast than I’m comfortable with.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.