Direct Out following fader and DCA

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive feature suggestions Direct Out following fader and DCA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dshriver dshriver 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hi, everyone!

Congratulations with new forum.

I’ve posted in the old forum about a year ago that I’ve found out if Direct Out is following fader, it’s not affected by DCA associated with the fader. This was necessary for a theatre that uses external channel processing that is then returned directly to PA processor. I tend to believe this was forgotten or was not tested during the software development, since DCA is nothing else but a virtual multi-finger hand, it should control all post fader processes. Does anybody know if there is any improvement, if not – is there any plan for it? I would use workarounds for this situation, but as I need 16 direct outs I’m running out of busses.

ddff_lv

Profile photo of dshriver
    dshriver
    Participant

I just checked this on my iLive (v1.91 iDR-32/T-112/xDR-16). If I set the Direct Out level to follow the fader then the level does change with fader moves. However the Direct Out level does NOT follow the DCA if that channel is part of a DCA. I agree with you that it should. I think this was an oversight and I’d like to see A&H correct it.

-d

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘iLive feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.