Direct out follow DCA fader/mute

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Direct out follow DCA fader/mute

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Today I stepped on this again- first time with Qu series, earlier with iLive and dLive. This function has to be implemented properly ASAP. My todays situation- ME-1 connected to Qu-SB, couple of instruments are controlled by DCA. For example, cello has mic and pickup, also accordion has 2 mics, etc. I mute the DCA, but signal still goes to ME-1. Actually, that is the only place it goes to. So musicians will be listening to noise picked up by unused instruments, unless they will mute them on ME-1.

ddff

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Really? IIRC muting a FDA normally hits all the relevant channel mutes… which drop mix levels as well. Does the ME take a Direct connection premier – and if so doesn’t that impact any muted channel?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Hmm, just wondering myself where the ME picks up its signals. From the block diagram its titled “Direct Out” which should follow the selectable “Global source for Direct Outs”, and there is an option to make this pre or post Mute.
    On Page 74 in The Manual I found this:

Set the Global Direct Out source using a channel Routing screen. Set pre-fade, post-mute when working with the ME Personal Monitor System.

maybe worth checking…

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Yes, that makes it follow channel mute, but does it follow DCA mute? It doesn’t on the GLD. AS far as I know there is no way to do this on the GLD, and I suspect, the QU.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

DCAs don’t pass audio, so their mute can only be a channel mute though, surely?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, that is the main failure of follow fader/mute implementation on all series. Since DCA mute affects channel to its all routes, it should also mute DO if it is set to follow mute. But it does not.

ddff

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Ok, understood and easily could replicate that. PostFader+PostMute DirectOuts follow channel Fader and Mute but are unaffected by DCA controlled fader or MuteGroups.
    I totally agree that a MuteGroup-Mute should affect channels identical to a ChannelMute. Not so sure about a DCA controlled fader, but probably yes as well (since there’s still the option to pick direct out Pre-Fader).

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes, it should be a remote for the channel mutes

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Absolutely DCA fader/mute should have the same behaviour as channel fader/mute. Because DCA is nothing but multi-finger hand.

ddff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.