Dante With iLive & GLD

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Dante With iLive & GLD

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mharper
    mharper
    Participant

Our Church is looking to add a Dante card for our iLive system in our Sanctuary and for our GLD system in our fellowship hall. The plan is to be able to multi track, do virtual sound check and also be able to send audio between to two rooms as needed.

our iLive configuration is:
    T112 Surface, with and IDR48 mix rack, we have a older Lynksys router for wireless control.

GLD system is:
    GLD 80 Chrome edition, AR2412 and an AR84

All A&H products are set using their default IP addresses. I would like to put the Dante network on the church’s computer network for the Multi-Tracking, the Church network was setup with an IP Scheme of 192.168.2.xxx, where the default IPs for the iLive and GLD are 192.168.1.xxx. Is it possible to set up the Dante network on the existing church network without needing to reconfigure the church network or the default settings for the A&H products?

Thanks
    Mike

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yes, you can put Dante cards into 192.169.x.x, but unless you don’t use your computer for recording and control of either desk, you don’t have to. In fact I would isolate Dante traffic by means of VLAN or separate cable. Dante uses Bonjour protocol to discover devices, so default non-dhcp auto range works good as well.

Profile photo of mharper
    mharper
    Participant

The current church network doesn’t have the capability of seperate VLANs, however that upgrade is also in the works, and I plan on having our IT guy set up a VLAN just for Dante, when that happens.

We are wanting to record and use Dante Controller on the PC that is on the church network, along with using the network to send audio to the GLD in another room. I guess what I’m wondering is will I need to change the IP addresses of the iLive and GLD in order put the Dante Network on the Church network, or can I leave everything as is with their default IPs?

Thanks
    Mike

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

You sure can leave everything as is, Dante controller will find all Dante devices including DVS on your computer, if it is running. Just make sure you disable any other network interfaces you might have in your computer.

ddff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.