Dante to PT or S13

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Dante to PT or S13

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of I am I am 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Ok. My first time trying to do a DANTE card into a GLD80 to do an upcoming live event. MacBook Pro. I have both PT12 and Studio One installed. Testing to make sure all works. I’ve go the I/O Out setup on the console. Input Direct outs. I’ve got the DVS setup and Controller matrix looks correct. Everything looks right just can’t get audio. Here’s the weird thing. On the local 44 input I get a signal in S1 but 41-43 nothing. I see metering on the console but no audio. I finally discovered that PT native will only do 32 channels. I need all 44 so have to record in S1. I’ve gone over and over it. Everything looks correct to me but only 44 will work.

Any ideas. I do have less than month to get this going.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

On your Dante soundcard how many channels do you have selected to be available?

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Did you configure the I/O tab in setup on the GLD 80?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I just now figured it out. It was setup 48×48. With the 32 limit in PT I’ll have to do it in Studio One 3.5.

The problem was in the Dante Controller. I configured the receiver but didn’t realize I had to patch on the grid from the card page to the MacBook page. I was getting sound to the controller but not to the DVS. That was it. I had never done that before so skipped that step. Seems to be OK.

Thanks.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Cool.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.