Dante Card problem.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Dante Card problem.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jonas Jonas 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonas
    Jonas
    Participant

Hey,

I’ve got a problem with my GLD and Dante card.
    I assume the problem is with the card, but I can try to get a fix here as well 😀

This is my setup:
    GLD-80 + Dante card connected to an AR2412 and AR84.

When I set my GLD to ‘Slave option card’ for the audio sync, my AR84 loses it’s audio sync immediately HOWEVER the AR2412 stays steady.
    But even though the AR2412 stays steady it gets signal drops from the AR84 who’s losing it’s sync.

When I connect my laptop to the Dante card I can’t find it in the Dante controller, unless I reboot my GLD.
    When the GLD is rebooted, I can locate it, but after a few seconds the controller crashes. (That’s why I assume it’s a problem with the card, I’ve made a ticket at Audinate already)

Anyone else has experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Jonas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jonas,

Is the Dante card connected to other Dante equipment, or any reason why you want to sync the GLD from Dante?
    We normally recommend to set the GLD clock to Internal, and set the Dante card in Dante Controller to ‘Slave to Ext clock’, meaning it will use the GLD clock.

Profile photo of Jonas
    Jonas
    Participant

Hey Nicola,

It has to be connected to another GLD over Dante and to a laptop for recording as well, but the fact that I can’t even update the firmware concerns me.
    Right now it wasn’t connected to another Dante card.
    When using the internal clock the system runs fine, but as stated above, I need to connect it to another Dante card and record multitrack to Pro Tools.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.