D.I.Y Custom Master Fader Knob for those who do no like the chrome

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions D.I.Y Custom Master Fader Knob for those who do no like the chrome

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jfmadeleine jfmadeleine 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jaykaypro
    jaykaypro
    Participant

For those who do not like the new chrome silver qu-series fader knobs, one can D.I.Y by using a good quality primar based spray paint (see picture attattached) and change your fader knobs to a colour of your choice. Just make sure you clean your fader knobs with alcohol evaporating solution, wait to dry then make sure you tape down the white centre line with masking tape using a Stanley knife and then you can finally apply a primar based spray paint of a colour of your choice.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of jaykaypro
    jaykaypro
    Participant

Sorry, seems like my picture did not attach the first time, let’s try again…

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Cool. I wonder why they chose chrome? And are there internal difference in the chrome mixers?

I could paint my old Qu faders the same way – maybe purple for the channels and red for the master. It would be cool if they’d change colors according to function, but that is only for Soundcraft “Faderglow” on their Vi series.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

I’m guessing the chrome faders are a lot more visible in low light than the traditional black. No internal differences that I know of, just the firmware (older consoles can load the chrome firmware anyway, so that’s a moot point.)

IIRC faderglow is on soundcraft’s other consoles too. Its definitely on the Si performer.

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

The faders are easy enough to swap out. I robbed different colored faders from an old GL2 mixer and customize my Qu32 for each show. Pretty slick!

Here’s a picture from an earlier gig. I’ve also found these to be available online.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of jfmadeleine
    jfmadeleine
    Participant

I have that in mind too as I have ordered fader knobs from a company based in the Netherlands but all my faders will be shiny chrome plated plastic . Can’t wait to receive them .

Profile photo of jfmadeleine
    jfmadeleine
    Participant

The faders that I have ordered are in the same shape as the GL series of console but in a nice chrome plated satin silver colour .

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.