Custom Made FX Mute Foot Switch (TCP/IP)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Custom Made FX Mute Foot Switch (TCP/IP)

This topic contains 66 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of knga knga 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. It’s not currently possible to input external MIDI messages to the apps via Class Compliant devices, but I have logged and will put it forward to the development team in the next dev meeting 🙂
    Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Harry.

Just another suggestion following your comments – not sure on the coding requirements to implement the full protocol for inputing external MIDI messages, but maybe a restricted set of allowable MIDI commands which would cover typical footswitch type operations would help to limit the time to code, debug, etc.

Thanks again.

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Hello all,

Sorry to hijack an existing thread but I think the people subscribed to this post are likely the best ones to assist me.

I have started on a windows app but am really stuck getting a connection to the desk. I started by working through the footswitch code posted earlier; then I figured out how the windows TCP class works (I can get messages to send from one computer to another and back) but I can not figure out how to communicate with the desk. I’ve spent hours googling and trialling with the tcplistener and tcpclient classes and am going in circles. I also asked A&H for pointers but they couldn’t help. So I would really appreciate any assistance as I’m sure I’m just missing something really basic.

Thanks.

Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant

Hello,

just for information, I made an Arduino “remote control” with mid over tcp-ip some years ago… cost less than 20€ … and it still works !:

https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/arduino-base-remote-control-for-qu16#post-38838

owai

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Thanks Owai, appreciate the response! I’ll look through your code tonight and see if I can port over to windows environment. Th db link to your pictures no longer works – could you upload again so I can see what you have done?

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

For those who haven’t seen it our friends at Bome have come up with a magic midi wonder-converter for all your midi translator needs…

https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox

Thanks. Harry.

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

So, if I buy this little box, than I can connect QU’s ethernet with ethernet IN on that box, and then connect box with MIDI controller and than mute my FX with pedal – is that possible? In that case, can I also connect ethernet OUT on box with my router so I still can have access to Qu-PAD?

Thanks for help,
    Alen

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.