Crazy Layer Issues (Layer C)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Crazy Layer Issues (Layer C)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yann Yann 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

So… I was mixing our church’s sunday broadcast mix today for the first time with our new SQ6. We did a reheasal run through last wednesday and had no issues at all. Today, as I pressed the layer C button that has several mix bus masters on it, nothing happened. The light didn’t even light up. So, I pressed it several times just to see if maybe the button was stuck or something. No Dice!!! Nothing! UNTIL several minutes later when it kciked in and automatically swithed while I was mixing on another layer. As I switched back to the layer I was mixing, the board switched back to C again automatically. It did this for every time I pressed the C layer ealier with no reaction. It acted as though the software was getting the command but delaying the instruction. Anyone else have this issue? I have the Latest firmware and also did a restart and power cycle. Nothing changed.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

what is connected? Wifi?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Ryan Jenkins posted earlier with exactly the same issue of an unresponsive layer C button.

Lost layer C

I’ve seen the delayed response behaviour years ago on a GLD. The control surface stopped responding to any buttons, then after about 20 seconds it rapidly executed all the commands it had been given while frozen.

Chris

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

Wifi is connected, I am only using the iPad app for additional metering. I am refereing to the desk itself not responding to the layer C button push.

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

Allen & Heath told me to do firmware re-install of v1.1 and then do a hard reset. That is next on my list.

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

UPDATE: That did not work. Re-installed firmware v1.1 and did a hard reset. NO DICE! Still no layer C except when the console wants me to have it.

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

UPDATE #2. I re-downloaded the firmware to a new USB drive and installed it from there, then did the hard reset (this was my instructions from A&H Support). It worked for several minutes, then stopped again. UUUGGGGG!!!!!!! I’m ready for that next firmware patch guys!

SteffenR
    Participant

remove the Wifi… problem still there?

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

I did try it with the Wifi disconnected once I seen your post but it did not fix the issue. I have access to every other layer but C. Its really strange and Allen & Heath Support has no answers at this time. They said no one else has reported the issue. I infomred them that the forum as a few folks having the same issue. Waiting to hear back from Support.

We did not have WIFI connected at all. THree hours into a four hour show and Layer C was gone!

We also had an issue where there became an link error between the AR2412 and the SQ5. I have never had that happen with any of my GLD consoles!

I’ll have to re-patch the layers for the gigs this week until they fix this issue I guess! This is not fun as I have several scenes for the venue and each has different stuff on the layers so I will be going through all the scenes and editing them. Like I really had time for another 3 hours of unpaid work!

SteffenR
    Participant

@ryan-loudmusic-jenkins

did you opened a support ticket?

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

UPDATE #3 After speaking with Allen & Heath support through several different tickets, they have adivced me to send my board back and swap it out for a new one. They think that it has something to do with hardware. So, we’ll play the shipping game and hope I’m not down for very long. I did speak with Keith at A&H and he said they are watching the forum for others with the same issue. It seems very isolated.

Profile photo of Steveo
    Steveo
    Participant

Problem solved! I was sent a replacement console this week and the layer C button on it works perfectly! B&H in New York went above and beyond to help get my replacement to me in advance. These guys are awesome at what they do.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I am always very impressed with B&H support.
    It is so sad to read these horror stories of consoles just not working properly.
    In the digital age, I am probably no different than anyone else, we tend to think it is always “software” related when in fact …. gosh,,
    there are still buttons and switches and faders on these things 🙂

buttons and switches and faders OH MY!

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

Maybe only slightly related but I’ve lost my scene button. In the same way as descibed about the Layer C button, except that I havent been patient enough to wait and see if the SQ lets me have it after a while. But the fact that I have a softkey to store current scene, that also isnt working makes me think the entire scene program is not working.

Anyone else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.