Copy/Paste Strip Layout

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Copy/Paste Strip Layout

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bladeaudio
    bladeaudio
    Participant

Would be nice to be able to hold copy and press a strip bank switch (a, b, c, etc.) and then hold paste and press another bank and have that strip layout copied. (if it’s an 8 fader bank to a 12 fader bank, just leave the last 4 empty.)

p.s. I love the copy/paste functionality already implemented on the board!

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

i second that!!
    as well copiyng aux mix settings(press copy select mix on the aux) should copy pre/post settings.

Profile photo of CeDoMain
    CeDoMain
    Participant

Push that. Are you currently working on it? I would like the ability to RESET the banks also.

You make a good job! Thanks.

Profile photo of Arild G
    Arild G
    Participant

And it would be great to be able to select a group of inputs and in one operation drop them into a bank. E.g. tap the first strip and drag to select more channels. Then drag the selected channels into the bank.

Regards
    Arild

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

@Arild G: It is called Block Select in strip assign screen, upper right corner.

@mumu: You can copy a mix by pressing Copy + Mix on an AUX, press Paste + Mix on an AUX and all aux settings will be copied. VERY convenient feature.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

@tor: but what @mumu is asking for is that copying the mix settings of an AUX should also copy the pre/post settings. It’s time-consuming setting up a new AUX because the pre/post settings for every channel need to be checked.

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

In the editor, when you push the MIX button of an AUX, 2 small buttons appear below the AUX scribble strip that will make ALL POST/PRE and ALL ON/OFF. Suspect there is a similar way of doing this on the console with the PRE/POST buttons. I can’t really see how this is too much trouble 🙂

Profile photo of CeDoMain
    CeDoMain
    Participant

On the Console to toggle ALL PRE/POST of AUX 4 you have to do the following:
    1) Press Mix of AUX 4
    2) Press and Hold PRE (between Left and Middle Fader-Bank Rotaries)
    3) Press Sel of AUX 4

Same for toggling ALL ON/OFF – simply press and hold ASSIGN and press MIX of AUX 4

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Thanks @cedomain. I did not know that!

It would still be very useful to be able to copy the pre/post settings of one AUX to another as they aren’t typically all on or all off.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I think this is not intended like it is…
    pre/post settings should be included in the mix configuration copy/paste/reset

maybe we can have a default setting for pre/post as default after reset
    monitor mode > post
    FOH mode > pre

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.