Controller For DLive

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Controller For DLive

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lishinsky
    Lishinsky
    Participant

Does anyone has any experience controlling Dlive Director with a third party Hui controller? The goal of course is to control the DLive MixRack thru director when DLive Surface is not present.

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

Subscribe, I’m very interested in controlling a MixRack with a compact controller.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Why not use an IP-8?

Lishinsky
    Participant

i think with all due respect that the IP8 is over priced and has no rotaries.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

I’m with Lishinksky on this one.

I have an IP-8 and have used it in a large show, combined with Director, where we were handling a 3-way mix off the dLive.

Missing rotaries along with some more general selection controls is one part, but the software side could be greatly enhanced. Today it is a fixed configuration with different features if you are connected to MixRack or Surface. For this case it needs a dynamic option where it follows the selected bank, handles SOF and is truly integrated with the Director software as an extension.

Jay

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

to Art: https://www.waves.com/hardware/emotion-lv1-platform-m-controller
    9 100mm faders, 350$. Have a question? 😉
    60 mm faders for FOH – this is not serious.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

to Art: https://www.waves.com/hardware/emotion-lv1-platform-m-controller
    9 100mm faders, 350$. Have a question? 😉
    60 mm faders for FOH – this is not serious.

I’m very familiar with it as I have an LV1 system. Personally, if I had my druthers, I’d be using a CS18ai with both of them. I think it’s the best small controller out there. But unfortunately, it only works with Presonus systems or with Studio One software.

I have the IP-8 for light duty. Everything else is handled on the console.

Profile photo of RedheadRacing
    RedheadRacing
    Participant

Not trying to crap on other people’s products but the Icon controller is a cheap chinese piece. The IP8 with a touchscreen computer is the way to go IMO. The quality is better. It is designed to work with the system natively. Or get a C1500 if you are looking for a small fly surface.

Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Howdy

I had the same problem a month ago. Buying a seamless working expensive IP8 or a Platform M controller with the need of many hours of configuration. July was so busy that the decision was easy.
    Now I own an IP8. In combination with my old All-In-One Asus PC it is my setup for small gigs.

The scribble scripts are the big advantage of the IP8. The configuration is easy and fast.

bye
    Rainer

I’m with the other folks on using ip8; but if you don’t want to spend the cash, why not use the midi spec? I’ve successfully Osculator as a translation medium between TCP midi and various controllers. It’s pretty straight forward; and in that regard you could use literally any midi surface, mapped however you want. Takes a bit of patience to program initially, but once you’re up and running it’s super easy to reconfigure as needed.

Lishinsky
    Participant

Thank you Midi Guy, im still a little confused, i understand how the DLive can send midi commands thru its MIDI strips but i dont understand how regular audio strips of The DLive can respond to MIDI.

Profile photo of Allen
    Allen
    Participant

Pardon the Necro posting, but this came up in my research. Currently in beta is an update for the CS18AI that adds support for MCU/HUI DAW control. I am very interested in following this and working to get the controller to function with the dlive.

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Lishinsky, All the levels and mutes (and more) in the system are available via the MIDI, so you can map a controller to these – please see the MIDI spec documentation the A&H web-site.

Antony Jackson
    R&D Software Manager
    Allen and Heath Limited

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Antony;

While I have your ear…

PLEASE update the MIDI protocol so EVERY function is available, or, if that’s too hard, at least release the communication protocol that’s used for Director/MixPad/CustomControl so we can implement our own external controls.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.