Console will not boot. Period

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Console will not boot. Period

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of glparke glparke 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Our console yesterday decided not to boot period. When it is powered up, screen lights up white and the LCD displays on the channels turn on, but then it sits there. not going past that. Sounds like the mother board completely crashed. Had to dig out the old faithful Yamaha 01V96VCM to get sound going again. Not very happy as the console is only 10 months old.
    Call into AMS and will get it shipped out, but this is frustrating.

Profile photo of casigoreng
    casigoreng
    Participant

How long did you wait? I had the problem too and the reason was DHCP was enabled. This makes the console to wait for someone giving it a IP-Adress for about 5 minutes.

You can check under Setup / Config/ Network

Hope it helps (to get you of from the 01V96)
    Carsten Spräner

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

I like my 01V but I like the GLD better 🙂 Anyways, unplugged everything from the console to be sure and the longest I waited was 25 minutes. Nada. It just stays at the initial white screen. We never had the console setup as DHCP server. My access point handles that, but i did unplug everything because I thought that might be an issue, but no dice.
    It is like it is not starting the bios or boot sequence or whatever it uses.

Thanks
    Gary

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I would have thought they would have had a hard reset with a combination of switches and power up like a lot of products do. From what I have seen it requires opening up the chassis.

Let us know the results on this.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

I did try holding in certain buttons when I hit the switch but nothing. (of course, not like there are only 2 buttons to try 🙂

Profile photo of dcongdon
    dcongdon
    Participant

We had a similar issue with our GLD. After the white screen, we had OS code repeating down our screen. Our local shop had to work with A&H to reset the system. My understanding is that the bootup protocol was corrupted. The corrupt files stemmed from improper firmware installation.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Mine gets stuck at the white screen and won’t go any further. I have been running 1.3 ever since it came out and it has been fine until yesterday.
    My dealer has been great and we may be getting a loaner while ours is out for repair.

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Thanks to AMS and the quick turnaround on our console and also a loaner in the meantime. They did find that the main screen SBC computer had completely died so they replaced it. Will reinstall the console Sat night and test.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.