Connection via ACE

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting Connection via ACE

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Hi, everyone!

Couple days ago I’ve got a ME-1 for a test. As I understood from the short user manual, if I connect the unit directly to port B ACE card and do the output patch on iLive to address some signals to port B, everything should work. For some reason I get no audio from iLive, just the sine can be switched to headphones. What is typical error in situation like this? Is there any other setup procedure I have to follow?

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Make sure you are patching to Port B outputs 21-60 as these are what the ME-1 will see.
    Check the ME-1 is running the latest version of firmware.
    Hope this helps.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Thanks, Nicola!

That really makes sense, think I need better glases as I don’t remember seeing the notice about 21-60 ACE channels. Just a curiousity- why so? For me 1-40 or 25-64 would seem simplier. This also leads to interesting FOH/Mon split patches if ME is involved.

ddff

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

It’s in the ME-1 User Guide 🙂

– GLD dSNAKE or MONITOR port (40 channels + stereo links + names) – Use the I/O / Monitor screen.
    – iLive Port B ACE via ME-U hub (40 channels + stereo links + names) – Use the Outputs / Port B:ACE screen 21-60. Connect Network for stereo links and names.
    – iLive Port B ACE direct to ME-1 (40 channels, no stereo links or names) – Use the Outputs / Port B:ACE screen 21-60.
    – iLive MMO Aviom® port (16 channels + stereo links, no names) – Use the Outputs / Port B:MMO screen.
    – Aviom® A-Net 16 (16 channels + stereo links, no names)
    – Other via ME-U hub (up to 40 channels via Dante, MADI, ES) – Use PC > Network for stereo links and names.

The reason is that ME-1 is designed to work seamlessly with dSNAKE, and the channel allocation on dSNAKE (albeit invisible to the user) is 21-60 for Monitor outputs. 1-20 are reserved for AR2412 and AR84 outputs. ACE has many other applications and to preserve flexibility we cannot have a dedicate Monitor output patch, so you’ll have to tell the ACE cards explicitly to use 21-60 for ME-1.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.